Help us decide which connectors to develop next! ๐Ÿ”Œ

Hi All,

I am following Speckle from a bit (and from the backseats so far :slight_smile: ).

I am currently working with a consultant that uses Trimble Plankal Nova as a MEPC BIM authoring software.

They export ifc for us to link in revit, but everytime there are issues with their files, from wrong coordinates, to geometry partially imported in a place and partially in another, non-correct geometry, missing geometry, and the list can go on.

Would be awesome to have a connector for that software and streamline the link of better geometry in our revit from their model.

Anyone else with the same issues?

Thanks a lot.

Marco.

3 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion!

All to do with visualisation - Houdini is quite good for generating procedural textures, effects, physics etc and so having a connector where you could take things either from an AEC platform (Revit, Rhino, ArchiCad, Sketchup, etc) into Houdini, or something non-AEC (Blender, Maya, Mudbox, etc) would be useful. It would also be cool if speckle allowed for the transferring of maps and texture packs as well (potentially as attributes on objects with links stored to the textures). Currently transferring textures between software is a total pain and it would be great to see this process streamlined a bit (acknowledging that things like Megascans and itโ€™s plugins already exist).

1 Like

Bump. I am hearing more noise about Plant 3D in relation to the Water industry across ANZ and even unprovoked noises about DEXPI. Perhaps we can talk about this more? (P.s. this is Aurecon talking somewhat here)

Hi @Matthew_Randell ,

Thanks for the bump :slight_smile: As you can see from our survey above we have quite a few software in our backlog :slight_smile: Having said that, since Plant 3D is based on AutoCAD, maybe thereโ€™s something we can do fasterโ€ฆ

@clrkng would we be able to port the current plugin over there?

5 posts were split to a new topic: Revit Point Clouds not visible on viewer

We could add this to the open issue on additional AutoCAD verticals, I believe Architecture is also requested at the moment :slight_smile:

1 Like

#1 Community request for Navisworks has reached an alpha release. Now available from Manager.

1 Like

I would be interested in seeing a connector for Deltek. The ability to pull information from a project database would amazing! Applying seals, EOR/AOR info, staff assignments, etc.

3 Likes

As far as new connectors, Iโ€™d love to see

• Solidworks <-> Speckle
  • Maya <-> Speckle
  • Speckle โ†’ Navisworks
2 Likes

I would love to be able to send a customer provided Navisworks file
directly to Speckle ! (Like IFC)
And be able to stream it down to Blender, Bricscad, Vectorworks,
Modo, C4D, โ€ฆ

As it is very unlikely that my customerโ€™s-customers would ever ever
install a Speckle Manager/Connector just to help collaboration with me โ€ฆ
(they seem to love or not care about their proprietary closed BIM situation)

1 Like

Please add Plant3D to vote list :smiling_face_with_tear:

3 Likes

For file upload options weโ€™re limited to conversions made possible by open source file parsing right now.

1 Like

If Iโ€™m correct, Plant 3D is an AutoCAD vertical, just like Civil 3D, meaning it might require very little effort to get a basic Connector goingโ€ฆ

Maybe this could be someoneโ€™s holiday Speckle hack? :ok_man:

3 Likes

What about Inventor ?

3 Likes

Inventor is a popular request for sure.

I have just started looking at documenting using the Navisworks Connector as a means of ingesting Inventor models, but thatโ€™s just one-way and for assemblies.

How do you see yourself using it in a workflow? What features would be most important to how you use inventor?

2 Likes

Plaxis for geotechnical engineering analysis

4 Likes

Hi everybody,

I would really appreciate a connector from 3dsmax to Unreal.

(sorry for the Unity tag. I had to put one but there wasnโ€™t a 3dsmax tag nor an Unreal one)
Thanks

3 Likes

I see multiple requests for Plant 3D, so I would assume many would also like AVEVA E3D!
Civil engineering and building design is not well integrated with technical industrial plant design.

Thanks for the upvote @fsdalen.

For the time being, the main way we are seeing AVEVA content coming into Speckle is via the Navisworks connector.