Rhino plugin fails to load

Thank you for seeking help! Our friendly community is here to assist you. :pray:

To assist you better, please consider providing:

The speckle plug in for RHino does not seem to load. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it. Version 2.18.2. I also tried the previous version and it did not work. Anyone else facing this issue and have a solution?

Which version of Rhino @Brian_McVeigh ?

What does it say when you click under “details”?

It might be a DLL conflict: FAQs | Speckle Docs

Hi there, and thanks. I am using Rhino 7 and Rhino 8 (The error occurs in both).
Below is what I see when I click on more details.

I’ll check the DLL link you sent…

Rhino 8 will only work with Speckle >=2.19 (currently available in Manager with the Show Pre-releases toggle) and Rhino >=8.3

Check if the other Speckle connectors installed do not match. It is best if the versions align—particularly between Rhino and Grasshopper but generally all of Speckle connectors. If the Manager shows this:

It might be good to check that everything is version-aligned.

If you have installed Speckle connectors in the past as an admin account, you may want to do additional cleanup, so if you uninstall and reinstall, we should take care of that.

Thanks Jonathon. I am only running Speckle for Rhino. I used to have Speck for Blender, but uninstalled it as the versions did not align and I wanted to trouble-shoot if that was the issue. I still get the error.
I am the admin so that should not be an issue. Should I check for unwanted files in the appdata folder?

Prior conflicting installs could be:

Installed for all users
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins
C:\Program Files\Rhino 8\Plug-ins

Installed for single user
%appdata%\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\7.0\Plug-ins
%appdata%\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\8.0\Plug-ins

Thanks. Should I just delete what I see related to Speckle?

Try using the Manager uninstall first, but can confirm there

Was this able to get you unstuck?

Sorry. Was away… Still no luck here.

I also get this when uninstalling the manager. I wonder if I need to uninstall and delete everything Speckle related, then start fresh. If that seems like the right method, can you let me know from where else I should be removing files?

Anyone else have a solution here?
I’ve been through all the post with similar issues, but still can’t resolve it.

Can you specify what you mean by “also get this”?

Did you do this for the folders I specified?

Something that worked for me when i had the same problem:

1. Close all Rhino versions
  2. Open Task Manager
  3. Search for Rhino
  4. Terminate all tasks related to Rhino, check both Apps and Background processes
  5. Open the Speckle Manager
  6. Uninstall Rhino and Grasshopper Connectors
  7. Re-Install Rhino and Grasshopper (2.18.4)
  8. Open Rhino 7 and wait - it needs few seconds to install the Rhino Connector

If you want to use Rhino 8 you need to Install the Wip Version (2.19.0-wip).
Follow the same steps.