Objects missing from Revit

Hi all!
Hoping for some direction or advice here. I have some elements in a Revit model (Casework - think kitchen cabinets) which are not coming through the steam in speckle. We’ve tried uploading a few times but are getting the same result each time.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @hayden-wright!

Could you send us the file where this happens? If this is not possible, maybe a minimal file with the problematic cabinets only so we can double check on our side.

As a side thought, what filter are you using to send the data from Revit? The everything filter tries to send everything supported but if it’s missing something we’d be happy to add it.

Could you try by sending using the selection filter and see if the cabinets still don’t show up?

1 Like

Hi speckle team, I am having a similar problem, some families are missing on my ‘commit’
They are Windows in my case (not just those in the screenshot)

I’d be happy to send you a portion of my actual model… ehm, how can I do it?

1 Like

Oh that’s not great. :pensive:

If you can save the file to a Dropbox or google drive, you can post the link. If you want to do this privately, send it to me as a private message.

1 Like

thank you @jonathon , I sent it privately

1 Like

Hello @Fabiana_Ilari,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us! It really helps us to make Speckle better. We’ve found the bug that was causing this behavior and have fixed it.

Speckle Revit connector version 2.8.3

Speckle Revit connector version 2.9.0

Go into the Manager for Speckle application and upgrade your Revit connector to version 2.9.0 and everything should work. Let me know if that fixes your issue and please don’t hesitate to report any other issues that you experience!

5 Likes

hi guys,
yeah, it worked!

thank you @connor @jonathon

4 Likes

Hi support team, additional objects missing

I’ll send you a portion of the file privately, thanks :star_struck:
my Revit connector is 2.9.0

1 Like

@Fabiana_Ilari

Thank you for the additional stress testing of the Revit connector! I received your PM and I’ll see what can be done. Hopefully we can push out a better version in the next couple days

2 Likes

additional stress for you! I am sorry :smiley:
I am going to build my new scan-to-bim portfolio on Speckle!
a lot of models to upload…

1 Like

That sounds great!

When your lots of models are ready, we have examples around how you might present them!

1 Like

wow, that sound really great! can’t wait to see those examples :star_struck:

1 Like

@Fabiana_Ilari

Hello,

Just wanted to give you an update on the progress of this issue. As you can see here I’ve been able to get everything except the detail lines on the door to send to Speckle. Currently, Speckle doesn’t have very good support for in-place families such as that door, and I think implementing that will be a longer task that I’ll have to work on in the future.

I don’t like to implement sending of an object to Speckle without also implementing the receive functionality of those same object back into Revit, so that is what I am working on now. Specifically receiving the glazed roof is a bit tricky. I will continue to work on it and keep you updated on the progress.

In the meantime let me know if you’ve found any more objects that don’t send to Speckle

2 Likes

thank you for your work @connor!
as you may have noticed, there are some in-place families, in fact
In this case, I confirm that the entry door is an in-place family, the glazed roof is a built-in (system) component, and the chimney caps are common (parametric) generic model components.
But, in general, you may find strange things in historical building models: sometimes it is not worth making parametric families if a component does not have a critical impact on the bim process, for example unique decorative elements.
In some other cases, I confess I do strange things: ( :crazy_face:) like transforming an in-place family into a loadable one (tricks of the trade)?! and other similar creative workflows, I think that in my models you may find a complete collection of Revit components, so once fixed them, you’ll be all set! (maybe)
Can I send you other pieces of models?!

3 Likes

ahhhh, my beautiful objects in the Random Garbage?!
they might be worth a fortune after my death!
:crazy_face: :joy: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

Hahaha the stream title is not a comment on the objects themselves. It’s more of a comment on my many failed attempts to properly send those objects

2 Likes

Absolutely! On behalf of @connor, we’d love to to test them out in his stream (that’s now aptly called Random Treasure) :smile:

3 Likes

ahahhahah, I love this new name!
@dimitrie, I’ll send you a pcloud link to a folder where I’ll drop my precious ‘treasures’
:coin: :coin: :coin:

3 Likes

It’s awesome to see how much progress this connector is making! Sorry for the slow response to my original post. We will be getting stuck back in soon

2 Likes

@Fabiana_Ilari

It took quite a while, but I’ve submitted the fix for the objects that you brought up. The curtain roof is a bit limited when receiving back into Revit, but there isn’t a ton more I can do about this. I had to hack my way around some Revit API limitations. Seems like you are mostly interested in sending to Speckle so that should work fine for you (except the door… I haven’t forgot, it’s still on my list).

If it is of any interest to you, you can see the changes I made to the code base as well as a description of the changes that I made at this link. These changes will be availible in the next release, 2.10, of Speckle which will happen in a couple weeks. Hopefully I can get your other unsupported objects fixed in 2.10 as well.

Thank you again for your error report and sharing the model with me to help make our platform better. Please continue to do so.

3 Likes