Grasshopper with Speckle connection crashes

Hello Everyone!

My Grasshopper (and Rhino) crashes very often when it contains Speckle components (no issue otherwise). It happens eighter during Send/Receive (I use the simple Send/Receive componenets - the blue ones - and no automatic sync is activated), or when copying components (any componenets) between files. I use a local speckle server. The problem appears for my collagues too. Do anyone have similar experience? Any idea for the cause or the solution?

2 Likes

HI @reka! Sorry for the late reply, I left this message unsent :man_facepalming:t3:

Welcome to our community! Feel free to Introduce yourself 🙆 to all other members if you wish.

As for the problem, thanks for reporting this! I’ve managed to reproduce the issue if installing while already having an existing GH installation. Seems like the installer was not properly replacing all the files.

We released version 2.5.2 for GH that should fix the issue for you, let us know if you have any troubles with that. You should see it in your Speckle Manager already

Thank you @AlanRynne ! I’ve installed Speckle again, with the newest version, I hope, this will solve the issue.

2 Likes

Hi Alan,

My colleagues and I are also experiencing this problem now with version 2.13.3. Grasshopper and Rhino will crash either when receiving a large speckle stream or when a cluster is opened in a script where speckle objects are present. Is there something we can do to stop this from happening?

1 Like

Thanks for reporting this @sophievdeleur.

I’ll try to reproduce this tomorrow and get back to you

1 Like

Hi Alan, did you perhaps have a chance to look at this already?

Was this ever solved @AlanRynne ?

I’ve got this problem too! The GH file worked when I had it open for two days, but when I restarted my PC the file crashed every time the stream was received. The only workaround I’ve found so far is locking the solver, disconnecting all the wires connected to the speckle receive block, unlocking and connecting it all again. Only works sometimes though. This is using GH v 2.14.3.

Hey @sophievdeleur @pa23 ,

Apologies this fell through the cracks! We can’t seem to reproduce this bug on our end, would any of you have 15 minutes to jump on a video call with @AlanRynne and myself to troubleshoot a bit?

Feel free to DM us to coordinate a time if so :slight_smile:

1 Like