πŸ‘€ Sneak Peek of the Upcoming Archicad Connector Alpha

actually, the UI and most of the logic uses the Speckle C# SDK (speckle-sharp). the C++ side of the connector only adds commands to the Archicad API to get element info and create elements with given info. the C# side does all the UI and conversion logic and calls these custom commands on the API to get and create.

if you have a look at the code, the ConnectorArchicad is a C# project and is the actual β€œConnector”. the AddOn is the C++ project which adds the custom commands to the Archicad API

2 Likes

Thanks, excited to hear your plans with the mapping feature for CAD and 3D programs like Blender. I think its a great approach that will help bridging conceptual modelling with BIM !

2 Likes

@izzylys How does the Receive function work for receiving a Floor object into Archicad ?
I tried it but nothing happens in Archicad viewport.

I tried to copy the add-on library manually from ArchiCAD 25 to 26 but stil no luck, is it possible to install Speckle for ArchiCAD 26?

We have not yet tested with v26, we actually just requested a license :slight_smile: - will keep you in the loop!

1 Like

@teocomi Any thoughts about the Receiving Floors/Slab feature for Archicad? How do they work? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @Constantinesis ,

Floors should be working, although we know there is a lot of work still needed to improve BIM interop with ArchiCAD.

We have currently paused our ArchiCAD development because we don’t have enough resources, but will hopefully be able to resume it soon and give you a more stable Connector!

2 Likes

Hi @teocomi !
Your answer worries me a little because Archicad is my main BIM program. but I hope that you wont completely give up to this (or any) connector and continue the development soon :smiling_face: :muscle:
Is it the human resources that you need more?
In fact really what you are doing is a Titanic project here!
The more connectors you have and more advanced they become, the more Speckle Systems needs to grow in is entirety, i think

2 Likes

If you know any Archicad developer send them our way :wink:

2 Likes

Ok, I will try , its always good to spread the word ! I`m already sending emails and messages :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Unfortunately i just found an issue with the Archicad Connector
The Stair object does not send to Speckle.
It says " No displayable objects found in object …"

This is the stream Speckle

1 Like

Same behavior here, stairs seems to be omitted from conversion to speckle objects.

1 Like

Any good news about archicad connector development? :smiling_face:

1 Like

Yes! We have a former Graphisoft engineer helping us develop the connector further, hopefully we’ll have more updates soon!

9 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Archicad - Include Quantities

Fantastic to hear that!

1 Like

That is fantastic news!

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: How does receive works for walls/slabs etc?

5 posts were split to a new topic: Blender geometry not receiving in Archicad

A post was merged into an existing topic: Blender geometry not receiving in Archicad