๐Ÿ‘€ Sneak Peek of the Upcoming Archicad Connector Alpha

Hello and Happy Holidays! :santa: :christmas_tree:

I have a question, is it now possible to have an Archicad - Speckle - Excel data flow? I have seen you are using Dynamo for Revit to work with the schedules but how about Archicad? Is there a way i can send Schedules via Speckle connector? If not, is this in the planning?

1 Like

The Archicad Connector is still alpha and in this early stage of development our focus is on support of all element types for smooth model exchange to/from Revit and Rhino. Sending schedules is not possible but thank you for your feedback, we will definitely look at this later this year. I assume you would you like to get the quantities, areas, volumesโ€ฆ from the model. Is there anything else (specific object attributes, โ€ฆ) we should consider?

2 Likes

Thanks for considering this!
I have not thought of other attributes or properties yet but I will think of and get back,
It depends if you can have these extracted from the 3D model or directly from the Archicad Schedule sheets.

Hello
When I receive geometry into Archicad -it will always default to concrete
Even if I change the material in Archicad and send it again, when I receive it, it goes back to concrete
Is this how its working now or is there a way to change the materials?

1 Like

Hey @Constantinesis ,

Are you receiving geometry from other software or Archicad geometry?

I am sending the geometry from Blender

I just tried again sending from Rhino and its the same concrete material.

Update
Now i understand whats is it doing. It chooses the current material that is selected when you create new Morph object. The problem is that no matter if you change material of the imported object it will default to the new morph default.

Also, it cant update the existing object, it always creates new one.

Hi @Constantinesis,

The Archicad connector currently can only send the materials (surface in Archicad terminology), the receive is not implemented yet. However it is under development, in the upcoming releases it will be available!
Regards,
Jรณzsef

4 Likes

Thanks the info!
Will you also enable the update feature like in Blender, instead of just create new object?

Yes, thatโ€™s definitely the plan! At the moment updating the elements works in some cases, e.g. it is mandatory to have elementโ€™s applicationId property filled and sent from the originating application.

2 Likes

Another sneak peek about the material import:

8 Likes

1 Like

I think it would be of great interest that speckle could export the internal guid of archicad elements. We are developing an open source toolset for grasshopper based on archicad json API (Tapir), and having those guid coming from speckle/archicad would enhance new workflows with Tapir (Archicad elementโ€™s guid is the primary way to call particular elements from JSON API, wich happens to be the โ€œskeletonโ€ of our plugin)

thanks

2 Likes

Hi @leceta,

The Archicad internal unique id is currently exported as applicationId property:

E.g. there is a wall in Archicad:

In Speckle:

The applicationId property is a special Speckle data which contains the id of the element in the originating software. Sometimes it is not filled when there are no ids of element (e.g. Grasshopper), sometimes it is longer than a normal guid (e.g. in Revit). However for Archicad it is always a 128 bit guid.
If it is not sufficient for you or there are other issues, please let us know!
Thanks!

4 Likes

oh, nice, thank you!

1 Like

Bernd Schwarzenbacher

(He/Him) 1st degree connection1st
Archicad Add-On Developer

https://www.linkedin.com/in/bernd-schwarzenbacher/

1 Like

Iโ€™m currently studying python and C++ to write my own add-ons to Archicad for our construction business. Give me a few months and I might be ready to start contributing.

3 Likes

Amazing work! Will this version have Apple Silicon support?

Hi @studioboessel

The Apple Silicon version of the Archicad connector is planned for the next version (2.16).

3 Likes
  1. Does Archicad currently support the display of Properties (Property Manager)?
  2. Where exactly can I view information about a Layer?
  3. Is it planned to analyze such functions that are not directly reflected in the model, such as the Library Manager?
1 Like