Rhino texture in web viewer

A colleague is trying to get a terrain mesh with a texture from Rhino into the Speckle web viewer to have a nice 3D site model to show the client. Later on, they idea is to use this terrain mesh in other parts of a workflow and set it to the correct scale and add geolocation as well. But the material with texture isn’t showing in the web viewer. When I receive it back into Rhino it looks great!

I tried this lifehack, but without success: Lifehack for creation textures for Speckle from Grasshopper

Any thoughts on this issue / feature request?

1 Like

The viewer doesn’t have texture support… yet!
@alex is doing wonders to get us there, so expect something soon :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Sounds good! Out of interest, any progress on this? :slight_smile:

Hey Jeroen! We’ve got too PRs ready that you can follow to stay up to date on this:

and associated core

that lay the foundations for texture support. I’m planning to actually get @gjedlicska to review the server one today (after i update it) so we can unblock the work in core. Lastly, we’ll get to work on implementation in connectors (Rhino’s most likely first) and viewer afterwards.

2 Likes

Does not look like it has been implemented yet. Upvote on this! Would be smasher of a feature

Indeed it hasn’t. :spockle_joy:

We are taking a long, hard look at some of our basic assumptions in the conversions we are making; once we are through, the votes for texture support across many workflows will be way up there!

1 Like