New Connector Request - Autodesk Plant 3D

Autodesk Plant 3d :smiley: In the energy and industrial market, Plant 3D is used for detailed piping systems that operate at different pressures, temparatures and risk levels to those in the Built environment. Creating a connector here would open us up to options to work in collaboration with energy distribution and storage, and food and beverage disciplines.

1 Like

Thanks @Matthew_Randell , great suggestion!
Do you have any specific flow in mind? How does it natively integrate with Revit & such?

I don’t have any experience with it so this would help us see how to fit it in our roadmap :slight_smile:

Hi teocomi, the Plant 3D - Revit workflow is something we are very very interested in. We currently go from P3D, to navis, to .ifc then into revit using a couple of add on salong the way. Happy to offer any support in making this workflow happen as the speckle platform looks a great one to work with. Cheers, Dave
@J_Loay

4 Likes

We are interested also for a Plant3D connector, can be very helpfull

1 Like

Feel free to vote on this feature:

1 Like

Useful! there is a huge demand for this connector in the Energy Sector, one of the largest and growing sectors Globally. WSP would be very interested.

1 Like

@Aydimir_95 The bad news is we haven’t progressed support for more of the AutoCAD vertical. The good news is that we can publish Plant3D data via Navisworks.

Which workflows were you looking to support from Plant 3D and potentially Speckle?

We were looking Plant 3D to Revit workflow.

The development of the Plant 3D to Revit Connector has become a top priority at WSP. If you are looking to secure WSP as a client, this presents an excellent opportunity. We are currently considering hiring a team of Autodesk experts to create this tool, though I believe Speckle might be the most suitable solution.

Hello, there is currently a tool that Autodesk is developping, I’m working for WSP in Quebec Canada aand we are testing it now.

1 Like

@Aydimir_95 I’m happy that WSP already uses Speckle from various connectors, but we do hear your request. Regardless of what @McLean (your non-adjacent colleague) is testing, have you already tried the route through Navisworks into Speckle?

We see a lot of traffic from many of the AutoCAD verticals via that Navisworks route, including from Civil3D, for which we have a connector already. :spockle_smirk: