Any chance someone is working on a connector for Autodesk Plant 3D?

Any chance someone is working on a connector for Autodesk Plant 3D?

1 Like

This is something we have heard, albeit so far infrequently.

As it turns out from the search, twice from @Matthew_Randell .

Matthew describes his ideal workflow in good detail. Is there anything you think to add?

Some users have begun having success via Navisworks, which is supported and, in-turn supports Plant3D.

Thanks for the response! That was my thinking originally was to use the SQLite reports/databases from P3D and leverage the Navisworks connector to make connections later on down the road…just wasn’t sure if a more direct connector was in the works or on anyone else’s radar.

We also already have a solid AutoCAD connector, and if I’m not wrong Plant3D is just another AutoCAD verical, meaning it shares most of the API.

If anyone wanted to pick up the challenge, we’d be glad to help support the development!

2 Likes

Hi @teocomi,
I’ve tested opening P3D files using Autocad as an alternative to Navisworks (as I can’t seem to import from Navisworks to Revit) as, as you said, it’s basically Autocad. However it doesn’t send all the geometries. It would say “ImpEntity - not supported”, however only it only affects some pipes & pipe connectors. As a random test I tried ‘exploding’ the whole model and surprisingly it would send just fine. Navisworks sends all the geometry just fine, just can’t import to Revit.

2 Likes

Wow, I saw a lot of people care about Plant 3D, me also same :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks for looking into this! Could you share a sample P3D for us to have a quick look?

I’d love to help look into why the Navisworks route didn’t work for you, would be good to have that at least as a fallback.

Can you share the project stream?

1 Like