Any chance someone is working on a connector for Autodesk Plant 3D?

Any chance someone is working on a connector for Autodesk Plant 3D?

1 Like

This is something we have heard, albeit so far infrequently.

As it turns out from the search, twice from @Matthew_Randell .

Matthew describes his ideal workflow in good detail. Is there anything you think to add?

Some users have begun having success via Navisworks, which is supported and, in-turn supports Plant3D.

Thanks for the response! That was my thinking originally was to use the SQLite reports/databases from P3D and leverage the Navisworks connector to make connections later on down the roadā€¦just wasnā€™t sure if a more direct connector was in the works or on anyone elseā€™s radar.

We also already have a solid AutoCAD connector, and if Iā€™m not wrong Plant3D is just another AutoCAD verical, meaning it shares most of the API.

If anyone wanted to pick up the challenge, weā€™d be glad to help support the development!

2 Likes

Hi @teocomi,
Iā€™ve tested opening P3D files using Autocad as an alternative to Navisworks (as I canā€™t seem to import from Navisworks to Revit) as, as you said, itā€™s basically Autocad. However it doesnā€™t send all the geometries. It would say ā€œImpEntity - not supportedā€, however only it only affects some pipes & pipe connectors. As a random test I tried ā€˜explodingā€™ the whole model and surprisingly it would send just fine. Navisworks sends all the geometry just fine, just canā€™t import to Revit.

2 Likes

Wow, I saw a lot of people care about Plant 3D, me also same :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks for looking into this! Could you share a sample P3D for us to have a quick look?

Iā€™d love to help look into why the Navisworks route didnā€™t work for you, would be good to have that at least as a fallback.

Can you share the project stream?

1 Like