Introduce yourself 🙆

Hi everyone,

I’m Ibrahim Saad, I’m currently based in Egypt, I work as a BIM Software Developer, I currently work with Sanveo on AECInspire Forge-based web application. I just started getting into Speckle and I’m also willing to collaborate on the open issues especially related to speckle-sharp (I could use some help here tbh if someone willing to show me the way in :nerd_face:).

I see a lot of beautiful cats and bread loafs over this thread. :drooling_face:

In my free time I like to read, draw or watch some avant-garde hipster film. Here is one of my awful paintings.

8 Likes

Welcome to community @ibrahimsaad,

That is a beautiful painting😍. Our speckle-examples repo is a great starting point for starters🤝. Feel free to ping us here if you have any questions (by us i meant the team, i’m not a c# expert lol).

4 Likes

Thank you so much :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thanks for directing me towards the examples, this will definitely help in getting started with the SDK. However I was looking more into helping with the open issues, but it’s my first time getting into an open source project.

4 Likes

Hi guys,
my name is Philippo, 25 years old and I’m from Italy but I live in Vienna, Austria.

I became aware of Speckle because I am working on my diploma thesis, that is about the intersection between Parametric Design and BIM. I’m about to graduate and I’m looking forward to everything new that comes my way. From September, I will also start studying computer science, as I would like to familiarise myself with the field of software programming, as this area is growing very quickly and I would like to take advantage of the opportunity. In addition, I will also further develop Speckle as a community member at the first moment :smiley:

In this regard, i will be more active in the forum in the near future and will try to make a partial contribution. :slight_smile:

Apart from my student career and education as a civil engineer, I love to hike and climb in my free time. I come from the northern part of Italy, where we have mountains between 3000 and 4000m altitude. So I grew up with them and developed my passion for them.

I look forward to everything else and i´m happy to be here :smiley:

Best wishes, Pippo

8 Likes

Hi there I’m Roland, living in Hungary, BUdapest.

I love doing research and project management of such, around the AEC industry :slightly_smiling_face:
Anything that will make this industry more efficient …
I like nice workflows, consequently I like speckle too!

When not doing that, I am off doing other risky business, like sailing catamaran, or up the mountains.

See you around

10 Likes

Impressive feat :metal:t2:

2 Likes

Hello, my name is Michael Wickerson

I am currently interested in creating fluid and easy to follow grasshopper scripts for Rhino3D that stretch back into python machine learning and data science libraries by running ghhops_servers thru Flask in Visual Studio Code. Then architects, engineers, artists and designers alike can model with the grasshopper vanilla nodes and plugins, all the while, hopping to the python functions and classes with the hops component. They can then create new and interesting forms and geometries that may actually lead to the curve tool paths for all types of robotic additive manufacturing porcesses.

Speckle seems to be the newest and back place for these type of international collaborations to take place.

Links:
github: mwickerson (Michael Wickerson) (github.com)
youtube video tutorials: Michael Wickerson - YouTube
twitch.tv LIVE tutorials daily: michael_wickerson’s Schedule - Twitch
Support on Patreon: Michael Wickerson is creating Python Scripts in VSC for Grasshopper and Rhino3D | Patreon

All the Best, here’s to future collaborations,

Michael David Wickerson

:herb:

9 Likes

Hello,

My name is Ahmed. I am based in Egypt but work remotely in NYC as a BIM engineer. I discovered Speckle while scrolling on Twitter. I love how the AEC industry intersected with programming. I began my way of being a self-taught programmer with a focus on AEC applications.

I am not sure of how speckle can contribute to our workflow as I am working in a BIM consulting company but the community here is great and I am happy to be here.

9 Likes

Hello everyone,

I am Nicki, and joined Speckle last week as the People & Talent Lead. I am extremely grateful to meet all of the Speckler’s in person at our company retreat in Portugal this week :sunny:.

What else? I’m passionate about building engaged teams and scalable people & talent strategies that enable business success and help create an inclusive company culture where everyone is happy and feels inspired to do their best work.

In my free time I enjoy being in nature, from hiking, skiing to diving around the globe!

:mega: Feel free to connect with me via LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/nickiroth/

See you around :wave: and greetings from sunny Ericeira!

7 Likes

Hello, my name is Roger (but not Federer, only Head of BIM at Jansen AG in Switzerland)

I’m very interested in the platform. Exchange of data via different target systems.
A dream becomes true? I am excited. But at the moment still a greenhorn.

When I’m not in the office I like to spend my time outside, but never without a golf club

See You

linkedin.com/in/roger-wollhaupt

4 Likes

Welcome @Roger_Wollhaupt , glad to have you here!
Let’s make your dreams come true :boom:

1 Like

Hi Everyone
I’m Ibrahim Gokce, living in Istanbul,Turkey

I am an architect currently working as a BIM manager at a company that designs and manufactures aluminum facades.

I have experience working with BIM and computational design tools (aided Python, C# and JavaScript) on data transfer between programs and machines (CNC), process and geometric optimizations, reaching the right design in terms of manufacturability and integration of the whole system with ERP.

I’m tired of most of the AEC Industry mythologizing BIM and Big Data and doing nothing. I was very happy to see this community develop so many exciting tools for “real DATA” and I wanted to join you.

Nice to meet you all!

7 Likes

Welcome to the party, Ibrahim.

:+1:

5 Likes

Hey guys, I’m Ryan, originally from Ireland :green_circle:, living in Copenhagen :red_circle: for the past few years.

Background in computational design and robotic fabrication :robot:, now working on developing AECO systems at Stykka and xbuild.

C#, VueJS, Firebase, GCP, Make, Elixir, Phoenix, Node. :technologist:

Table football, tennis and F1 fan (RedBull :racing_car:)

6 Likes

Hey Ryan.

Nice to see some GCP love and more exotic languages in the wild too! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Ah, Elixir, massive concurrency at the expense of having to think completely backwards to most of the rest of my stack. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Hello all! My name is Shawn Weekly, and I live in Birmingham, Alabama, USA. I found this place yesterday, and I am VERY intrigued. I do not work in the AEC industry, I work in the electrical utility industry, and we have many, of not most, of the same struggles you have, along with a list of special pain points that maybe, just maybe, there is an answer to here in Speckle.

My background is in software architecture and design, and I have worked across a lot of industries doing that for better than two decades now. I hope to leverage that experience some here, I see immediate need to maybe create some connectors for the tools that we use in the utility industry. I can see immediate need for connectors in Autodesk Inventor, AutoCAD Electrical, Map3D and Navisworks, as well as connections to Bentley ProjectWise and Autodesk Vault. There are some challenges in our industry around the use of cloud ‘stuff’ due to regulations special to us, but I think we can work around that.

looking forward to working with y’all, I’m excited about the potential use cases for our industry!

8 Likes

Hi there, I am Robert Klaschka from Winchester in the UK. I run a small business EvrBilt which is mostly focused on measured survey with all the usual mixed media of laser scanning, photogrammetry, and more traditionally surveyed data. Before I took a turn towards measuring the built environment I worked as a designer running an architecture practice for nearly 15 years. My formal training is in interior design, so jokes about the attributes on cushions and curtains are legal tender if you think I need reminding of this!

One of my obsessions, if you could call it that is doing more with feature coded data that surveyor collect on site but is generally transformed into CAD drawings or 3D models and in the process much of the information which was carefully organised simply disappears into deal lines and disconnected annotations. I think this data coupled with speckle could facilitate some really good collaborative workflows between different surveying disciplines where measured survey facilitates other activities like arboricultural surveys or right of light surveys, Watch this space, I’m sure I’ll need advice.

I have been interested in speckle since I first heard about it in London at a presentation but have recently started to play more.

I am also a keen sailor, and racer on yachts and current chairperson of the Little Britain Chllenge Cup, which in the UK is the biggest construction and property yachting regatta. Yachting is another amazing data rich environment.

5 Likes

Hi everyone, I’m Fabiana, Revit expert, parametric families developer, BIM passionate from the beginning and maybe earlier!
just discovered Speckle, I’m really excited about it and about the amazing things we can do here.
Italy was no country for BIM for years, so the only one who listened my wonderful BIM speeches was my cat, Jackie Chan :heart_eyes_cat:
… sometimes these speeches were too long…

Nice to meet you all!

8 Likes

You must now have one of the smartest cats. Welcome aboard!

3 Likes