Introduce yourself 🙆

Hi Ricardo,
what use cases did you prototype with LLMs in detail? You can send me also a DM, when interested to chat.

Haha, definitely also want to see data analytics widespread throughout AEC. Looking forward to the next years, making it possible. You guys at Speckle do a great job at push data science in AEC. :pray:

3 Likes

Hello,

I’m Marwan. I’m Egyptian and I live in Lisbon, Portugal.

I got a Bachelor of science in Architectural Engineering, then switched to Software development probbaly like a lot of you :smile:

Nice to meet you all and looking forward to creating a meaningful project this Hackathon!

Happy to connect with you on linkedin!

4 Likes

Hi all. :wave:

My name is Burhan, and I am a structural designer. I completed my Master’s from UC Berkeley in 2022 and have been working for a structural engineering firm in Berkeley, California, since then.

I discovered Speckle just two days ago while searching for a way to create a RAM SS analysis model from a Revit model. Though I ended up creating the RAM model from scratch :smiling_face_with_tear:, I am glad I stumbled across Speckle in the process. I spent my weekend digging into the community posts and trying to understand Speckle’s functionality, and the possibilities it unlocks. I’m eager to dive deeper into Speckle and hopefully contribute applications that streamline our workflows.

I am also a hobbyist Python programmer :snake: and lately have been dabbling in AI - nothing too serious, mostly tinkering with LLM wrappers. I have been leading exploratory efforts at our relatively small office to create and test a few AI applications to improve productivity - generating project proposals from a database of past submissions, conducting semantic searches for similar past projects, deploying LLMs to answer queries on our company’s SQL database, and so on. I’d love to connect if you’re interested in these areas or have questions/insights to share!

If I’m not working, I’m likely at the gym or hiking, enjoying the outdoors. I also enjoy capturing moments whenever I can :camera_flash:.

Looking forward to engaging with the community here and learning from all of you!

8 Likes

Hi everyone,

I’m Adam and I’ve recently joined Speckle as a Software Developer. My background is long and varied past doing Software for all kinds of industries. I’ve worked for Autodesk in the past and have a good bit of knowledge of the challenges of the AEC space.

I’ve from Auburn, Alabama but have lived in Northern England for over 14 years. I love solving big problems with software and have done it with C#, Java, Typescript, Python and various others in-between going from the Desktop to the Cloud and back again.

Speckle being open source first really jives with me and being back into BIM with lots of problems to solve is exciting for me.

I’m starting on the Connectors team but hope to touch all backend aspects of Speckle and beyond. Don’t be afraid to reach out!

11 Likes

Hi everyone,

I’m Alessandro, and I joined Speckle as a Software Developer.
This is my first experience working in the AEC space, so I’m looking forward to learning a lot from this community :smile:

I’m from Italy, and yes… I love pizza and I also love doing it myself.

I joined Speckle because I strongly believe in Open Source and in their mission.
Feel free to reach out!

9 Likes

Howdy,

I’m Chuck and I also just joined Speckle as a Software Developer.

I’m a B.Arch grad that converted to software roles almost immediately. I was based in NYC for a while but moved to London last year. As a long-time Speckle admirer/user, I’m pretty stoked that this worked out.

These first few weeks behind the curtain have been exciting and I’m looking forward to what comes next. I will take great pleasure in the first time I’m trying to use Speckle for something, would like something to be fixed or changed, and I get to work on it directly. Open source is very cool and very powerful. DMs with the people responsible are cooler.

I’m new to London and very into talking and meeting new people! If anyone is local and wants to chat Speckle, AEC, or otherwise, I’m fully available. Especially now that the sun is out more.

Otherwise, I plan to take advantage of being so close to Europe for the first time in my life and do some travel this year. If I don’t see you in London maybe I can catch you in your part of the world.

11 Likes

get-hired-fix-bug-refuse-to-elaborate-leave-v0-nhekd4awnw4b1

11 Likes

Hi I’m Noam. Just moved with my family to New Zealand. I’m An Industrial Designer that kept doing bigger things until I got to buildings. these days I am a BIM manager. hope to get into robotics, Ship building, and the final frontier spaceship building. Speckle is a great tool. I need to build a better workflow to use it in more ways.

6 Likes

Hello!
My name is Ionut Ciuntuc and I have a youtube Channel called Ionut BIMStudio where I share personal experiments building automation tools with python libraries and open-source tools.

I’ve started developing an indie structural BIM software, and I have decided to integrate the specklepy library. The tool I imagine is hibrid - standalone - ifc viewer and editor, and a web part where Spekle seems perfect!

Thank you for all your hard work until now!
Thank you in advance for the help from now on!

I will share the progress also.

LifeIsShort! Automate!

8 Likes

Dear
Specklers :ninja: of :earth_americas:,

I want to introduce myself :raising_hand_man:,

I am Abhishek Shinde, an architect turned Computational designer but I am now training myself to become a Software Developer focused on Backend, Machine Learning, and Data Science for AEC in coming years. I currently work at Silman, TYLin in developing pyrevit add-ins for BIM Automation and
other computational design projects focused on structural design.

Although I am pretty late in this developer journey(started coding in 2019 - officially 2022 ), I hope in the coming years I can contribute to the AEC FOSS movement! Speckle has a special place in my :heart: , since 2019-2020

At Silman TYLin(part of DAR Group), I had the pleasure of meeting @jonathon and the Speckle team, who are helping me out with the integration of Speckle.

This year, I am participating in “Beyond the SpeckleVerse Hackathon 2024” with a few of the amazing developers/Specklers @marwanelzainy(FullStack), Josie Harrison(Machine Learning), Jordana Rosa from Perkins+Wills.

In my free time, I play RAV VAST Drum, Portrait painting, Coffee hopping, and Cooking.

Hoping to learn from all of you and contribute to the Speckle starting today!

7 Likes

Hi specklers!

I’m Sergi Lobato, thrilled to be a part of this dynamic community. Based in Barcelona, Spain, I currently serve as the BIM Manager at a highly successful architecture firm, where I’ve spearheaded the integration of cutting-edge technologies to enhance project workflows.

Despite not having pursued a formal degree in programming, I’ve cultivated a deep interest in all things IT-related. My journey into the world of programming began out of sheer curiosity, and I’ve since developed proficiency in Python, Visual Basic, and dabbled in C#. This self-taught approach has proven invaluable in my role, allowing me to leverage technology to drive innovation within the company.

At the architecture firm, we’ve embraced Speckle as a pivotal tool in our project management arsenal. I’m particularly excited about the opportunities it presents to streamline collaboration and data exchange across our teams. Witnessing firsthand how Speckle revolutionizes project delivery fuels my passion for leveraging technology to propel our company’s success.

Beyond my professional endeavors, I’m an avid cyclist and fitness enthusiast. While I may currently be bike-less, I’m always up for a challenge—whether it’s conquering a new programming language or tackling a mountain trail.

I’m eager to connect with like-minded professionals and contribute to the vibrant Speckle community. Let’s collaborate, innovate, and build the future of AEC together!

Best regards,
Sergi Lobato

7 Likes

Hello fellow Specklers!

My name is Bhargob. I am from the province of Assam in India (If you are interested in black tea, you might already be familiar with Assam Tea :slight_smile: ).

I did a bachelors in civil engineering from back home, a masters in structural engineering from McGill, and a doctorate in machine learning from Polytechnique Montreal.

Currently, a researcher at Polytechnique on structural health monitoring and a content writer in Generative AI topics. Going forward, I want to integrate BIM, speckle, and open-source LLMs for construction projects to help small to mid-size companies in their workflow.

Me and my fiancé, we both love working from a cafe (we have conquered most of them in Montreal where we live!). Hoping to own a small one somewhere down the line. I watch as well as love to play soccer (Chelsea fans anyone?). And when I am not working, this means that either I am chilling with friends, or travelling to a town outside the city.

So hello to everyone. I am so excited to be part of the Speckle community!:raising_hand_man:t4:

8 Likes

Hi everyone. I am Sabeeh Mumtaz Alam. I am a graduate of Electrical Engineering. For the past two years, I have worked as an Embedded Software Engineer developing products in the Internet of Things industry. I have also taken a keen interest in data science and spent a lot of time learning about data. I mostly worked in C/C++ and Python.

6 Likes

Hello, I’m Oscar.
I’m an Italian architect and engineer living in Canada, and I have lived in various countries across Europe and America.
I’m a BIM Manager for a construction company in Quebec, Canada, where I focus on innovation. Additionally, I’m a professor in continuing education for architects and engineers here in Montreal.

I love Speckle and have decided to adopt it in both my teaching and at the construction company where I work! I have a fairly ‘old-school’ background in the 3D world and a passion for programming, computer science, and electronics. In my past life
I worked with 3D printers and rendering for theaters, architects, and various projects!

7 Likes

Specklers !! For the hackathon 2024, I am using my Personal Speckle Account: @exdAS.

4 Likes

I am Mauricio Heyermann, a civil engineer from Chile. I’ve worked with data mostly in my career, and now I’m developing myself as a Data Analyst. Giving my background, as an engineer I am planning to specialize in BIM data analyst. I can’t wait to see how speckle can help me integrating BIM with Power BI!!

Right now I’m living in Brazil where I want to develop myself as a profesional. I’m passionated about travels, magic and photography! I’ve travel 65 countries capturing their beauty and charming people with my magic tricks! Here are some of my photos!

Thanks and can´t wait to be part of this community!

9 Likes

Welcome Mauricio! Your photos are absolutely amazing. :open_mouth:

3 Likes

Hi All!

I’m Ralph, a new Speckle software engineer based in sunny(?) South Wales. I earned a Bachelor of Architecture from Auckland University and have accumulated 30 years of experience working in commercial architecture and software development. My love of architecture has always been coupled with a passion for coding, and I funded some of my architectural studies with part-time software development. My focus ultimately became tools in Archicad, Revit, Vectorworks, and Solidworks on macOS and Windows (C++), and (more recently) app development in iOS (Swift).

What we’re working on at Speckle will change the AEC industry – it’s something I longed for in the years that I struggled to collaborate with other design professionals.

I save myself from atrophying in front of a screen with one of my other loves: gardening. The joy of planting and tending new growth more than compensates for the perennial struggle with weeds and pests!

10 Likes

Hi all!

My name is Mike, I recently joined Speckle as a frontend developer. After some years in Japan and The Netherlands I settled in Lille (France) last year, where I’m currently based. Previously I worked at various creative agencies and startups, and one of the reasons for joining Speckle was seeing the excitement by the community for the product. While I have no AEC background I’m looking forward to learn more about it, and help take the Speckle web app to the next level.

Outside of work I enjoy spending time with my kids, football/groundhopping, playing games or reading

9 Likes