Introduce yourself 🙆

Hi Everyone,

My name is Bawar Tanay, i am an Archicad expert and a BIM consultant working as a freelancer for everyone who needs my expertise and help :smiley:

i am working from Amsterdam The Netherlands,

Bawar Tanay | Archicad expert | BIM consultant | Studio Infinite
mail: info@studio-infinite.nl

4 Likes

Hey everyone! I’m Senda, Speckle’s product marketer. I’m so happy I was given the chance to work with such passionate, driven, and smart people (not only am I referring to my Speckle team, I’m also talking about YOU, our amazing Community!). It’s great to be here and I can’t wait to get to know you all.

When I’m not working, you can find me running (I’m running the Paris Marathon soon :slight_smile: ), cooking or recording episodes for my podcast, Too Long; Don’t Listen.

10 Likes

Hi all,
I am an architect and am using Rhino & Revit for my work.
The speckle is a good software to connect many different CAD software and more.
I am happy to explore this software.

5 Likes

Welcome @SungBok_Song !

Let us know how it goes, and keen to hear any feedback :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi everyone,

my name is Federico Borello, I’m an registered Architect (OAT and ARB), currently based in London.

I’ve been working for over 4 years in London as Senior Architect at Zaha Hadid Architects in the CODE group (Computation and Design), with a core focus on fabrication and structure aware geometries, robotic assisted manufacturing and 3d printing.

Since the end of 2021 I co-founded ENCODE - Design & Technology with my partner Massimiliano Manno, based in Sydney; we provide services of Design for Manufacturing and Assembly, Virtual Construction and Automation for the AEC industry.

I’m also Lecturer at UCL Bartlett BPro in London and I have taught numerous courses and conferences including AADRL (London), Bartlett BPro (London), Tonji University (Shanghai), CITA (Copenhagen), ACADIA (Austin).

I’m passionate about design-tech, code writing and problem solving in AEC; I came across Speckle few years back when it was at it’s infancy, i’m impressed by the great step forwards in the development, congratulations to everyone involved. We are starting to test Speckle on projects under construction specially for it’s web-based capabilities, commenting, queries etc… which support onsite/onfactory assembly and coordination.

Great to connect with you all!

5 Likes

Great to see you @FB_ENCODE. As a local, will you join us at the Shape-To-Fabrication-adjacent live night?

1 Like

I booked the ticket on Eventbrite, see you on the 26th!

5 Likes

Hi All, I am David. Happy to be around Speckle Community. I am based in Canada always looking for new challenges to learn and discuss. Speckle is a great tool to promote and use in the AEC industry.

8 Likes

Hi David, thanks for the kind words! It’s a pity you’re across the pond, but stay tuned for our next online community standup. It should happen early next month most likely.

Also, keep the bug reports coming!

1 Like

Hello,
I am Antoine, I’m an architect based in Paris, France.
I mostly use Rhino and VisualARQ, and I discovered Speckle last year. I believe the direction that Speckle is taking is truly a game changer in AEC workflows.
:wave:

8 Likes

Hey there :open_hands:,

I’m Jannik, a BIM-Manager based in Germany. I have an architecture background and taught myself how to program (ofc still learning …) and I strongly believe that Speckle is the solution for Interoperability in AEC. Let’s connect!

10 Likes

Shame I couldn’t make it to the event guys, last minute problem. Hope to meet up in the next event!

2 Likes

Hello, Speckle community!
I’m Agi, Speckle’s new Product Designer based in Budapest.
But I’m not just a pixel pusher, I’m also an architect and a Lean process developer. I used to design buildings and optimize workflows, but then I realized that software is where the magic happens. :sparkles: So I switched to creating awesome and delightful tools for the AEC field, using open-source technologies and design thinking principles.

:partying_face: I’m super excited to be part of this community and to learn from all of you amazing people. I’m always up for a chat, a collaboration, or a challenge. So feel free to reach out to me anytime, whether you want to talk about UX, Speckle, or anything else.

:rocket: I’m looking forward to getting to know you better and working together on some cool projects!

13 Likes

Hi Everyone!

I’m Bowen Call, I just started up my own company (UtahBIM) to help provide plugins and tools to help the construction industry connect their workflows and be more efficient.

I love Speckle and used it at my last company for a variety of things.

I enjoy going on walks with my family, playing with my kid, and eating good food :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Hi guys,
Enrico here. I work for Willow, we do Digital Twins of big commercial and infrastructure assets (yes, we do it for real, not just marketing :wink: ).
First of all big shout-out to the whole Spekle team, you have put together such a great product with a huuuuge opportunity to expand do broad in the upcoming years, well done!
I am so glad you guys exists! You are about to make all our lives much easier.

I am a civil engineer by background, graduated in Italy (UniPD), studied abroad in Prague (CVUT) and then worked in London and Australia (Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne).
I am currently base in Spain supporting all the Willow projects across our 3 main regions, Australia, US and Europe.

If you wanna know more about me or what I do, feel free to reach out at any time!
Honoured to be part of this community of early adopters and innovators!

8 Likes

:wave: Moritz joining the Speckle rocket ship as Chief of Staff.
I’m excited to support the team in its mission to create an open 3D data platform free from vendor lock-ins.

When studying industrial engineering at TU Berlin we were forced to draft our first mechanical designs by hand. Having suffered this pain, it was a no-brainer to fall in love with CAD/ 3D design.
However, it took me some time until I found my way from dusty sandpits at HeidelbergMaterials, over to the world of venture capital at Foundamental to finally arrive at Speckle.

I’m based in Berlin, hit me up if you want to meet over a (virtual) coffee. My dog Lotta will likely join as well (her only intend is to get treats).

12 Likes

Hey there,

I’m Fernando, computational designer, from Spain, based currently in Oslo, working for Ramboll Norway in the recently created D&I team for computational design :technologist:.

Background in architecture :building_construction: and robotic fabrication :robot:.

This is the first time I get several projects to use Speckle, so I am very excited about the opportunity to implement it on larger projects .

5 Likes

Hey I’m Volker. I’m a CEO of startup called Axyle. We’re making an AR visualisation tool for AEC and much more. I have a background in computer vision.
I also had a talk with @jonathon about how we’d implement Speckle going forward.
We’re currently raising a seed round and i had no idea a startup will be this difficult and exciting to run.
When I’m not working with my team or learning about cultures I’m oblivious to I’m probably playing elden ring.

8 Likes

Hello everyone,

I am super excited to contribute to this amazing community! I am a BIM & Innovation Manager based in Italy with a passionate background in Computer Graphics and scripting, primarily from an Archicad perspective. I just found out Speckle and it was love at first sight. Although I am a sincere IFC-guy I am constantly looking for newer, smoother and cloud-based interoperability standards and workflows with a specific focus on Data-Driven design process. Ofc I am a Power BI lover (damn, I would give anything for having a Mac version), as well as a Coordination platforms passionate user. I hope to contribuite somehow, thank you for your wonderful job!

Cheers,

M

6 Likes

Hi, (posting correct place this time I hope!)

Appreciate the positive spirit round here and the meaningful problem you’re all solving. I am a Principal Geospatial Consultant at Jacobs and let me tell you I am here for this! I have spent my whole career experiencing unprofessional emotions regarding what I view as cynical attempts by software vendors to lock us into one file version or another. In the end, all of these software packages just do the same thing and the proprietary file types are an attempt to somehow obscure this.

So let’s as an industry move on from this mess and actually work together on something meaningful, which is building for example infrastructure to make society better rather than fighting through some business roadmap to grow the users of a particular software product because they’re trapped by its file type.

Presently what I have been focusing on the past year is use of the ArcGIS for AutoCAD plug in for Civil 3D. It has been described as a game changer by a civil engineer I worked with. But streams in Speckle are the next step I feel. I look forward to doing some testing this week, including on integrations between Pro and Unreal.

In terms of who I am, well maybe the best thing is I run The Geospatial Index podcast.

Wil

7 Likes