Get material takeoff in powerbi from speckle

Hi,
sorry for the dumb question, and I apologize in advance if this is not the correct category to pot this kind of question in.
I am trying to get materials take off in Power BI out of a speckle stream.
I have the data imported in Power BI, but I do not know what is the best way to extract Material information. There are many Material parameters in the model and I was hoping to get all the material parameters in a query somehow.

Thank you so much for your help
Roberto

1 Like

Hey Roberto,

There are no dumb questions. You can definitely extract the material information in Power BI. You just need to understand the structure of your data coming from Revit and extract the relevant parts you need in your dashboard. If you can share a sample Speckle Model and the part you are struggling with, I would be happy to help.

1 Like

@gokermu

thank you so much for your help.
Actually we are quite new to speckle and so far we are following your videos on the Speckle Youtube channel.

Extracting Revit Parameters in Power BI (youtube.com)

I think I understood how to extract parameters and I already extracted all the parameters I need.
My problem with materials is that there is not one single parameter to extract, but every object has multiple material parameters with different names. And many others can be added at each update.
I do not know the names of the material parameters in advance therefore I do not know which parameters to extract.
And we have layered assemblies like walls and roofs and floors that can have multiple materials too.

That is what I am struggling with.
I would be happy to share my stream with you if you think that might be help.

Thank you so much

Hey Roberto,

If you are looking for the material “Parameters”, Material are sent as a separate collection. You can access their parameters from the parameter key. See screenshot below:

If you mean quantities, they are stored under the materialQuantities key and not under the parameters. So instead of extracting the parameters key, you should get it from element[materialQuantities].

Sharing a sample model would make explaining it much easier.

2 Likes

@gokermu
thank you so much for your help!!
after a little headache I accomplished what I wanted to do. Thank you so much for your help!!!

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Extract Mechanical Density Parameter in Power BI