Dynamo send node returning an error

To assist you better, please consider providing:

• Objective: I am trying to send model data from Revit to Speckle using in Dynamo the node provided by the Dynamo connector.

• Issue: When I try to do so the Send node return the warning “Object reference not set to a instance of an object element”, and so that no data is sent to Speckle.

• Example: See attached screenshot.

Hi @Sergi_Lobato,

Can you please let us know what Revit and Speckle Connectors version you are using?

Thank you

Hi Nikos,
I am using Revit 2021.1.21.45, Dynamo Core 2.6.1.8786, Dynamo Revit 2.6.1.8850, Speckle Revit connector 2.19.0, and Speckle Dynamo connector 2.19.0.
Thank you

Hey @Sergi_Lobato

Thanks for sharing this. It seems like a bug, our team is investigating further atm.

Is it your first time using the Speckle Dynamo Connector? Did you use it in the past and was working properly?

Hi,
I have used other nodes of the Speckle Dynamo Connector, and they have worked fine. However, when trying to do what it’s explained in this youtube video https://youtu.be/qVp5YBpF2eg?si=FwebG5rUg6dEvc_5, I did realize that, even when doing so exactly in the same way it is explained, I end up getting an error.

Unfortunatly we have identified a bug in our Dynamo Send node, until we resolve this you can use the Revit 2.19 Connector to send data. Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for bringing this to our attention!

OK, thank you very much for letting me know!!

1 Like

Hi everyone,

I wanted to share with the community why I discovered that the Send node in Dynamo from the Speckle package is not working properly. The reason behind the error with the node is that the Speckle connector for Revit does not have an option to send the model every weekday at 9:00 am or at other scheduled times. The current triggers in the Speckle scheduler for Revit 2021 are limited to the three standard options (on save, on synchronize, and on export).

Is there a way to program a custom trigger, such as sending the Revit model to Speckle at a specific time every selected days, in the Revit connector?

Thanks in advance!

No there is not. We are actively trying to figure out why Dynamo Send node doesn’t send Revit objects and I’ll share an update once we introduce a fix.

2 Likes

@Sergi_Lobato We are currently undergoing internal testing, but if you want to assist, the 2.20.0-WIP4 should include work that enables a fix here.

WIP releases are developed but not fully tested releases. The issue here may be complete, but we are working through all our test suites. There will be a Release Candidate at the conclusion that may be more palatable for you - particularly as installing one 2.20 connector requires others to be similarly upgraded.