Supported Elements and Dynamo Send Nodes

Hi @jonathon ,

Having used and tested the Speckle Dynamo package 2.20.0-WIP6 version, I can provide the following feedback and raise some issues that I’ve encountered:

1. Conversion of Revit Family Elements: I’ve noticed that certain Revit family elements, particularly those in the plumbing fixtures category, are not being converted and sent to Speckle. This issue seems specific to certain categories and impacts the completeness of the model being transferred.
  2. Behavior of Send Node vs. Auto Send Node: There is a notable difference in how the send node and the auto send node handle errors during the conversion from native to Speckle. The send node appears to skip elements with errors and proceeds to load the model into Speckle. In contrast, the auto send node does not complete the conversion and loading process if errors are encountered, resulting in no model being generated in Speckle. Would it be possible to know the element IDs of the elements that could not be converted in an output list?

I would appreciate any guidance or solutions you might have to address these issues.

Thanks! :wink:

We would like source information to see if this can be replicated or to provide some indication of what elements are missing. These could then be debugged. We made a big push to cover more MEP at the start of 2024, with fallbacks in the Revit Connector.

Do you see the same elements missing if you send them from Revit directly?

Using the app in Revit, I am missing the same elements. In one of the image attached you have an example of elements sent from Revit app, but I can garantee that using the dynamo node the result is the same.

1 Like

That’s actually very helpful context - if you could share a file with just those elements or the section in your screenshots. I have shared a dropbox with you to keep it private.

1 Like

Thanks for the file as soon as I ran it through Reveche, I knew what the problem would be :sob:

When we had the big push on Revit MEP that I referred to, sadly, Revit 2021 was left behind - it is incapable of extracting and sending these objects.

Upgrading to Revit2023 (just because I had it installed right now, nothing magic) solves the issue with our current stable connector:

OK, I have moved to Revit 2024 and I hope I woudn’t have that issue any longer. Thanks Jonathon

1 Like