Upload Hotlink Elements from ArchiCAD

Hey all!

I’m using ArchiCAD version 27 and I’ve installed the newest ArchiCAD connector through Speckle Manager. However, when I try to upload my building elements from ArchiCAD to Speckle, the connector does not upload the tconnected hotlink-elements to the cloud.

Is there a way to still upload the Hotlink Modules? In ArchiCAD, Hotlink Modules are similar to Revit Families—they are just linked element modules from the same ArchiCAD file or other ArchiCAD files.

Has anyone faced this issue or found a solution to this problem?

Thank you very much!

Thanks for the report @gks welcome to the Speckle community.

When you say these elements are not being published to Speckle, are the resultant models missing these elements or showing some other behaviour? If hotlink elements are indeed equivalent to Revit families, we would expect them to support the same operations.

Forgive my ArchiCAD naivety.

Hey Jonathon, from what I understand, they follow the same principle, but I’m not sure how they are exactly programmed in the applications. Therefore, it might not be the same in terms of programming.

For example, in ArchiCAD, we can duplicate the same floor plans to other floors using a Hotlink. This creates a link to the original elements, which are actually just a reference to the original. However, they are visualized and listed as separate elements.

Here’s an example of how Hotlinks work in this context:
Hotlinked Modules - Graphisoft Community

1 Like

Our engineers are investigating your report - thanks

We’ve checked, and the only way to send hot-linked elements is via the “Send Everything” option and not from a selection.

I’m adding a development feature request top see if we can do better here. Thanks for your report.

1 Like

Hi @jonathon , that’s good to hear. Thanks for taking the time to investigate and request the issue.