Unable to connect

An error message appears right after I fill in the object link. I was using it until a few days ago on my home computer, and after a few days, I could no longer connect the data models from the link. I am using it normally on my work computer. On my home computer, I have this restriction. I’ve tried uninstalling Power BI and manager, but it didn’t solve the problem. I’m almost formatting my machine. Is there any solution to this problem?
Captura de tela 2024-04-03 223432

Hey @Francisco111 ,

• Where does your model live? If it’s in speckle.xyz, can you try receiving from our new web app. We had a similar report and this solved it.
  • Can you try updating Power BI? We had some users
  • Do you have Speckle Manager installed and your account added?
  • Are there any firewall rules in place that prevent Power BI from connecting to an external server?
1 Like

I managed to solve it by switching the Windows user. It seems that the Windows administrator is blocking the URL entry. I created a test account for the Windows user and succeeded. After that, I imported the file with the data already inserted and returned to the main account and used it normally. But I have to switch users to import a new view. For now, it’s solving the problem. I appreciate the support. Sorry for my English, I’m from Brazil and I’m learning English.” :blush:

1 Like

Hey @Francisco111 ,

Glad to hear you figured it out and thanks for posting the solution too!

Actually, the problem was when I created a token key to connect to a visual. Once the token was created, it always redirected with the token, but I had created another account on Speckle, and Power BI kept the token from the old account. I changed the data source to no longer enter through the token but instead through login. This solved the problem. This issue is generated when you connect to a visual with a token key and then switch accounts on Speckle.

Thanks for the detail @Francisco111. While it sounds edge-casey we can consider adding the scenario to an FAQ in the docs to handle this.