SSO/EntraID Update of existing Account, when name/mail address was changed

Hello guys,

a colleague of ours married and changed his last name. The regular procedure is, that the HR department changes the Last Name and Mail Address in EntraID (formerly known as Azure AD) so that every system is synchronous with the new name. After the colleague logged in with his new name, the Speckle Server created interestingly a new account for the new mail address but additionally updated the old account with the family name (but not the mail address). Not sure how this happened.

I solved it in my case, by deleting the new account and modifying the old account’s mail address in the database with PGadmin. Afterwards, the colleague needed to delete the history (just in case) and had to reconnect the Speckle Manager (also just in case - as I did not know better). In the end he had access to all existing projects back.

It would be good if there is a procedure, which updates the existing account. It is a rare case but still relevant for the administration to prevent minor headaches.

Best,
Alex

It’s a well-made point and is not to be considered rare at all. I’ll raise this - no timeline to resolution yet,