Speckle vs. Compute.geometry.exe

Hello, for our master program we need Speckle and we are using Compute, it does not stop the functionality of compute, although the err seems like something that I should flag and raise attention to if it is not already known. Or maybe i did something and need to fix.

this is Speckle 2.12 and rhino 7.27 and 7.28, hops 15.4

this is what Compute reads out on startup:

CG 8081 [06:44:41 INF] Starting listener(s): ["http://localhost:8081"]
CG 8081 [06:44:45 INF] (1/2) Loading grasshopper
CG 8081 [06:45:31 ERR] Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Serilog.LoggerConfiguration Serilog.ConsoleLoggerConfigurationExtensions.Console(Serilog.Configuration.LoggerSinkConfiguration, Serilog.Events.LogEventLevel, System.String, System.IFormatProvider, Serilog.Core.LoggingLevelSwitch, System.Nullable`1<Serilog.Events.LogEventLevel>, Serilog.Sinks.SystemConsole.Themes.ConsoleTheme, Boolean, System.Object)'.
   at Speckle.Core.Logging.SpeckleLog.CreateConfiguredLogger(String hostApplicationName, String hostApplicationVersion, SpeckleLogConfiguration logConfiguration)
   at Speckle.Core.Logging.SpeckleLog.Initialize(String hostApplicationName, String hostApplicationVersion, SpeckleLogConfiguration logConfiguration) in C:\Users\circleci.PACKER-633B1A5A\project\Core\Core\Logging\SpeckleLog.cs:line 99
   at Speckle.Core.Logging.Setup.Init(String versionedHostApplication, String hostApplication) in C:\Users\circleci.PACKER-633B1A5A\project\Core\Core\Logging\Setup.cs:line 58
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at ConnectorGrasshopper.Loader.PriorityLoad()

Hi @Ren, welcome to our community!

Thanks for bringing this up! I’m not sure what’s going on but we’re currently testing for our next release (2.13) so I’ll make sure to have a look at this.

I’ll also ping @jonathon, who’s in charge of our academia program, in case you’re not in touch already! :wink:

1 Like

i have been following Speckle for a long time, and glad the IAAC master was a reason to jump in. I have seen this output from a few other students as well, so not localized to my installation. It was great to have you as a juror on our Collab final. glad to be here :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi @Ren

I can’t seem to reproduce the issue you’re having on our latest beta version 2.13.0-beta6. If you have the time could you check if this is the case for you too?

You can install it in Manager for Speckle by clicking the Rhino Connector → Versions → Show Prereleases