Speckle extension for Navisworks: Host App Error

Hello Speckle and everyone,

I was informed by Speckle that there was an update for the extension in Navisworks 2026 (build 23.2). I installed the extension, but afterwards I was no longer able to log in to Speckle or do anything with the Speckle extension. I just keep on receiving the error: Host App Error.

Can you please kindly assist?

Kind regards,
Boris

And what are the details it says to show - can you share?

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for your response.

That’s the thing… Like I said, I can’t do anything with extension after the update; this included. When I click on “show details”, it doesn’t do anything either.

Regards,
Boris

And everything was working for you prior to installing 3.23.2? What version did you have before?

I was using 3.22.0 and I was working jsut fine.

I can’t replicate the described problem and Navisworks plugins dont really have conflicts with other plugins, but I will check what might possibly cause this.

Recommend downgrading to 3.22 for the time being.

We’ve checked server side and can’t see an error coming through so depending how keen you are to resolve this I might ask your assistance.

If that error appears again, if you could right click in the speckle add-on and choose “Inspect”

In the resulting window if you could copy paste all the console log here in the forum we can see if there is a specific thing throwing an error prior to reaching our servers.

Thank you. I asked IT to uninstall and reinstall Navisworks 2026 and I reinstalled the Speckle extension 3.23.2. Everything is now working again :slight_smile:

1 Like