Speckle collaborators as viewers or editors

Hello Specklers,
Is it possible to assign rights (or restric) when sharing with collaborators (or via links maybe)?
I mean, sometimes I just want to show a model to someone but I don’t want him to receive the data
In other cases, I share a model with collegues or teammates, so receiving is fine
somehow the idea is to distinguish the Viewer and the Editor roles

does this feature already exist? Contributor and reviewers have the properties above mentioned, maybe?
in any case is it possible to do the same with links?

thank you!

1 Like

Ciao Fabiana!

Collaborator and Reviewer roles are almost exactly what you just mentioned: Editor and Viewer.

Reviews are able to view and receive the model, but not send to it, this is because once the stream can be seen, there is little we can do to prevent that information from being accessed from other sources.

When you turn link sharing on, people who are not collaborators will only have access to view and receive the stream - basically like reviewers, but without the need for an account.

We’ll definitely consider more granular permissions as we go :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Grazie Matteo :smiley:
If I understood correctly:
I’d like to build a porfolio in Notion, so, in order to embed a Speckle I must turn ‘link sharing’ ON, correct?!
in this case, people can view it without the need for an account, that is fine, but they can also receive the stream, which in general I don’t want.

So, If I want them to just ‘view’, then I would keep the ‘link sharing’ OFF and share it ‘explicity’ with selected people, correct?

In this regard, I just invited a friend, I want him to be a reviewer, how can I do that?
He went among the Contributors…

We’ll definitely consider more granular permissions as we go

awesome!

1 Like

Once your invite has been accepted you can then change their status

Something we can consider if this is the best initial state for invitee or if it could be set pre-invite.

Until then, you can use the viewer and use the advanced embed options to minimise the exposure to the stream for Clients.

At some point an inquisitve sould could inspect the page DOM and get the stream url, but are clients so sophisticated?

2 Likes

:bulb:

Until then, you can use the viewer and use the advanced embed options to minimise the exposure to the stream for Clients… but are clients so sophisticated?

I don’t know, I would rummage in the page if I had a reason to, but generally most people don’t

2 Likes