Speckle Authentication Package for ASP.Net

Similar to what is described on the Twitter external sign-in setup with ASP.NET Core | Microsoft Learn page, it would be great to be able to spin up a new ASP.NET application authenticated with speckle as simple as

services.AddAuthentication().AddSpeckle(speckleOptions);

I started trying to get this working myself the long way and realised after a few hours that I was completely out of my depth!

I’m summarising to make sure I understand fully.

1. You are developing an ASP.NET application
  2. You would like a user to sign-in in using Speckle as the Authenticating service

I presume your App is Speckle related, but it doesn’t have to be.

If, on the other hand, you are looking to sign in to Speckle with your App’s login routine, that’s a subtly different question.

Yep I think we’re on the same page - same pattern as Creating Your Own App | Speckle Docs but in ASP.NET.

Nothing urgent, just had a go at setting it up today and it very much looks like something for someone with far more familiarity with the codebase!

If your app is authenticating on behalf of the user, then I’d assume you’d be doing so via its frontend, which most likely is in JS? In this case, you don’t need to handle auth logic in C# and most of our resources should still be relevant :wink: