Speckle 2 for Revit not running in Revit 2022 or 2023

I had Revit crash and then after trying to reopen, I get this window saying that the add-in cannot run. This is happening in Revit 2022 and 2023 but works with no issue in Revit 2024.

I tried to uninstall and reinstall the latest release (2.18) but still have the same issue. See attached snapshot of error message.

Thanks for the report, @fperizes; welcome to the Speckle community, even on sad terms.

What you describe almost certainly conflicts with another add-on that is compatible with ours in 2024 but not with the other versions and doesn’t support 2024.

Addons all play in a congested sandbox fighting for dependencies, which can have incompatible instructions.

We are working on improving our ability to identify where the conflicts stem from, but for now, if you want to identify which, you can uninstall and reinstall other add-ons until they don’t work.

If you are happy to do this and provide feedback on where the conflict lies, this can help us better target dependencies.

Ok, thanks for the quick reply. I just had the new Forma add-in installed so that must be the culprit. What other information would you need from me to improve compatibility with this plugin? I kind of need both of these at the moment in version 2023.

1 Like

Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do here at the moment.
We’ll keep investigating to find workarounds, but the core problem is how Revit loads plugins, so you cannot have both installed at the same time.

1 Like

Thank you for the quick reply and for looking into it. No problem. I will just work in 2024 or uninstall the other plugins for now.