Some questions regarding a local Speckle server

Hi all,

I am very new to Speckle and this forum so bear with me.

Our company would like to use Speckle in their information exchanges and would like to deploy a local Speckle server. I would like to know if this is possible, what kind of hardware would be necessary for lets say 100, 500 or 1000 users.

I am currently not sure if setting up something like this locally is even possible, and if it is, how one would go about doing that. I searched the forum but was unable to find anything related to this.

So, for starters to make it more concrete, my questions are:

• Is running a Speckle server locally possible?
  • If so, what kind of hardware would be recommended for the above mentioned user amounts
  • If so, where to start with something like this?

Kind regards,
Daan

Welcome back @DaanSchlosser :eyes:

Perhaps not as new as you claim :smiley:

It is absolutely a possibility, and we have documentation on how to do so for cloud, Kubernetes or local (VM)

For the usage scale you suggest, we’d recommend that while it is possible, it is also a burden. We’d be happy to take a call with you and your team about how we can take the burden or discuss why you feel self-deployment is your preferred option.

Whichever path you choose, we support your rebooted journey of Speckle discovery.

We are in regular contact with @Dickels112, whom you probably know.

2 Likes

Haha yeah its been a while. 3 years :eyes: wow, time flies!

Great! I’ll reach out through mail, having a call is indeed probably 100x more efficient.

I do! Small world :slight_smile:

super small :slight_smile:
(adding some character to meet with the minimum requirements for a post)