Sending blocks from Autocad doesn't work

Hi @Hussein_Hamed , this looks like the same error that other users have reported on a few connectors from an older release. Can you do the following:

• share what version of the connector you have installed
  • close any software using Speckle
  • uninstall the current connector and then install the latest version
  • let us know if it’s resolved!

it worked but I got a a slightly different sofa, the sofa has a bottle that was constructed with 4 circles then trimmed to make it concave
but rhino ()
has read the history of it not the final block !

I have another inquiry , I have a floor plan with furniture as blocks, can I send all the file using speckle to rhino and will read Autocad blocks as rhino blocks and the usual lines and curves as rhino curves ?
because opening big DWG file in rhino is very hard and rhino can’t handle it well

Is this a dynamic block? Currently those are not supported, you can keep an eye out for any developments on our support tables here

MMM you’re right it a Dynamic block, I hope it could be supported soon

is there’s anyway to change all dynamic blocks to static ones? to work with speckle
@clrkng

Hi everyone!
I’m trying to send blocks from ACad 2019 and it isn’t working.
is it because of the ACad version?

Hi @tomasmena,

It’s great to see you again! I just wanted to let you know that I was able to send a bunch of blocks from Autocad 2024 without any issues. If you’re having trouble sending blocks, there are a few things you can try:

• Make sure you’re using the latest version of the Autocad connector. If you’re not, please update the connector and try again.
  • Try sending the blocks from a newer version of Autocad. This worked for me, so it may work for you as well.
  • If you’re having trouble with a specific block, try sending some other simple blocks to see if the issue is with the block itself. If that’s the case, it would be helpful to share the file with us so we can take a closer look.

Let me know if any of these suggestions help.

I have a similar issue. But there is no blocks involved.
For some reason Specle takes the wrong part of a trimmed circle.

@Vratislav Thanks for the bug report, I must’ve missed this in the original post - will look into circle trims when improving our geometry conversions! Could you share a link to the Speckle model and the original AutoCAD file if possible?

HI. Thank you for the answer.
I inspected it further and it was the Autocad hatches causing the problem. All other objects are working fine.
I already mentioned this problem to @jonathon some time ago and forgot about this.

https://app.speckle.systems/projects/97dbfbedc7/models/d567366e72

Regards,
Vratislav

1 Like

@Vratislav could you set that project to Link Shared or add one of the speckle team as a collaborator.

Thanks