Rhino crashes when using Speckle

I just download specke and trying to play with it a little bit but each time I follow your instructions and creatinf any simple geometry like a cube to try it, it crashes in the moment I’m trying to make a new stream

Ouch, that sounds bad! Before you close that rhino window, could you have a look at your desktop for a “RhinoDotNetCrash.txt” and paste that over in here or send it to us?

This kind of really “dramatic” errors means there’s some deeper conflicts somewhere (might be other plugins, wpf versions, etc) - that text file should point us in the right direction!

how can i sent the file to you as it’s 137MB and this type of files are n’t supported here

Nah, there should be a .txt file too! The actual dump maybe be useful later. I see @clrkng is typing something too :slight_smile:

whhhee I found it

it says :
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: Speckle.Core.Logging.SpeckleException: Provided account is null.
at Speckle.Core.Api.Client…ctor(Account account)
at Speckle.DesktopUI.Streams.StreamCreateDialogViewModel.d__46.MoveNext() in C:\Users\circleci\project\DesktopUI\DesktopUI\Streams\StreamCreateDialogViewModel.cs:line 201
— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
[END ERROR]

1 Like

I investigated this issue and it was a prblem with my account as it logged out after while without noticing

1 Like

Oh! Nice to see you figured it out. Anyway, Rhino shouldn’t explode when no accounts are set… so we’ll be looking into that!

Thanks for reporting it!

1 Like

Opened an issue for this in our repo: Rhino crashes when no accounts are set · Issue #459 · specklesystems/speckle-sharp · GitHub

Our very own @izzylys will look into it shortly! :+1:

2 Likes

Guys this make me feel importatnt :pleading_face:

4 Likes

Good feedback and helpful error reporting & debugging actually is important for us at Speckle (& for any open source community for that matter!), so hats off to you for taking the time to post here and bearing with us! Let’s hope we’ll get it fixed.

3 Likes

Hi, same problem for me.
I put error log in my drive there:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1JAUwL3gSEW630A5ApvmA3B33f0hwhLJY?usp=sharing
thanks and good luck !

1 Like

Hi @SimoneAragno ! Sorry to hear that… :frowning: I’ll check your log out asap.

Can you give us a bit more detail of what you were doing when this happened?

Could you also send us your SUUID? You can find it on the Speckle Manager app. Go to Settings and scroll down. This is your unique user identifier that will help us in finding your errors in our logs. You can send it to me by private message if you prefer ;).