Rhino crashes when using Speckle

I just download specke and trying to play with it a little bit but each time I follow your instructions and creatinf any simple geometry like a cube to try it, it crashes in the moment I’m trying to make a new stream

Ouch, that sounds bad! Before you close that rhino window, could you have a look at your desktop for a “RhinoDotNetCrash.txt” and paste that over in here or send it to us?

This kind of really “dramatic” errors means there’s some deeper conflicts somewhere (might be other plugins, wpf versions, etc) - that text file should point us in the right direction!

how can i sent the file to you as it’s 137MB and this type of files are n’t supported here

Nah, there should be a .txt file too! The actual dump maybe be useful later. I see @clrkng is typing something too :slight_smile:

whhhee I found it

it says :
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: Speckle.Core.Logging.SpeckleException: Provided account is null.
at Speckle.Core.Api.Client…ctor(Account account)
at Speckle.DesktopUI.Streams.StreamCreateDialogViewModel.d__46.MoveNext() in C:\Users\circleci\project\DesktopUI\DesktopUI\Streams\StreamCreateDialogViewModel.cs:line 201
— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
[END ERROR]

1 Like

I investigated this issue and it was a prblem with my account as it logged out after while without noticing

1 Like

Oh! Nice to see you figured it out. Anyway, Rhino shouldn’t explode when no accounts are set… so we’ll be looking into that!

Thanks for reporting it!

1 Like

Opened an issue for this in our repo: Rhino crashes when no accounts are set · Issue #459 · specklesystems/speckle-sharp · GitHub

Our very own @izzylys will look into it shortly! :+1:

2 Likes

Guys this make me feel importatnt :pleading_face:

4 Likes

Good feedback and helpful error reporting & debugging actually is important for us at Speckle (& for any open source community for that matter!), so hats off to you for taking the time to post here and bearing with us! Let’s hope we’ll get it fixed.

3 Likes