Rhino 8 issue with non-concurrent collections

Hi all,

This issue appears both in Rhino and Grasshopper, when sending and receiving. Rhino 7 works fine with the same data.

This is the Grasshopper message when I try to receive data sent from ArchiCad:

1. Something went terribly wrong… Operations that change non-concurrent collections must have exclusive access. A concurrent update was performed on this collection and corrupted its state. The collection’s state is no longer correct.

When receiving from Rhino8, the message says it was successful, but no data is recieved.

Receiving both form Rhino7 and Grasshopper are successful, the data appears fine.

This is the Rhino message when I try to send from Rhino:

This only appears, when I try to send selected objects, when I send everything the message says it’s fine, but no data appears.

I can send from Grasshopper, it seems strange in the online viewer, but it receives fine from GH and Rhino.

Sending and receiving form Rhino7 and Grasshopper works fine.
Archicad can receive Archicad, Rhino 7 and Gh data fine, but cannot receive Rhino 8 and Gh data. The message says it’s fine, but no geometry appears.

This is the stream I used for testing:
https://speckle.xyz/streams/57fbd7a447

Thank you in advance

I don’t know what happend, but receiving works fine now. I haven’t even restarted my Rhino. Sorry for bothering. I will leave this here if anyone have the same issue or mine appears again.

It makes the same after restarting Rhino. Can someone tell what can be the issue?

I was also able to produce this Gh breakpoint:

It seems like it sometimes works again after sending something from the same Gh file… :thinking:
Other times the send component it gives this error message:

1. S: Failed to extract (pre-serialize) properties from the Speckle.Core.Models.Base
    Operations that change non-concurrent collections must have exclusive access. A concurrent update was performed on this collection and corrupted its state. The collection’s state is no longer correct.

Hey @reka

Thanks for raising this. I think this is the first time we see this issue, can you share a the stream and grasshopper file you’re using? Or a minimum example to reproduce this?

Is this Rhino 8 or 7?

Thanks in advance!

Hi @AlanRynne
This is Rhino 8, Rhino 7 works fine. You can see the stream link in the original post. Here is an example file, which sometimes causes this issue.
NCC_test.gh (11.0 KB)
The problem is at the last component.

1 Like

Hi @AlanRynne

Small update on the issue:
Receiving data hasn’t really caused an issue in the previous few days. Today though I encountered exactly the same error message when sending. The interesting thing is, I receive from this file and there are 4 send components in it. The first one works, the remaining three gives back this error message.
Until now it seemed consistent through a file, so this seems like a new behaviour to me.

Right now I use our own server, but as you can see above, the issue appeared on the xyz server too.

I have a possible suspectfor the issue not sure though if it is connected. I used the links provided by the stream create cmponent, which look like this:

[serverlink]/streams/24aca16cde?u=c3be9cd9d5

Speckle was able to use this link, but actually, it should only be like this:

[serverlink]/streams/24aca16cde

Now I fixed it, we will see, if it helps.

Hi @reka,

Thanks for the update this is helpful for us, we are also investigating on our side.

Nikos

1 Like

Hi @reka,

Small update: I haven’t been able to reproduce the problem. I am using Rhino 8.7.24138.15431 and Speckle Rhino Connector 2.19.1.

Have you encountered the same issue again? If so, please let us know. Additionally, you can share your logs with us—maybe we can spot something there.

You can find your logs here:

C:\Users\ “YourName” \AppData\Roaming\Speckle\Logs\rhinoRhino8

Thank you

Hi @Nikos ,

No I actually didn’t encounter the issue since my last report. I don’t really have any good guess what might cause it. My computer was re-installed just before it, but how this might have an effect on anything is beyond me. I sadly don’t have the logs from the days I had this issue, and I cannot reproduce it now myself. If it happens again I will let you know, and will also include the log file for you to see.

Thanks for your help

2 Likes

@reka good to hear it hasn’t reoccurred, ill mark this solved for now but leave it open

1 Like

This issue has just occured for me sending from Grasshopper (8.8.24170.13001). It occurs when I plug in a list of cureves for the baseline input of the Revit beam component. I’m attaching the GH file and a screenshot. It worked fine when I was creating the file yesterday but this morning when I opened it again I got the error.

speckle_test_2.gh (27.7 KB)

1 Like

Here is the log file:
SpeckleCoreLog20240709_001.txt (554.6 KB)

1 Like

Hey @eestrado,

Thanks for reporting this. We will have a look and let you know how it goes.