Revit connector feedback

hi Dimitrie,

I was finally able to manage by working with the Revit connector on my laptop and a Rhino connector on my desktop pc.

here are the points that I think should be noted before starting with Speckle and what is missing, without wanting to rush anything:

1. once elements have been assigned to a stream, it is preferable not to change the selected elements. I tried a few items, then I changed the selection. And if I do a receive, the old elements disappear.

2. The stream should ideally be controlled from a single source.

3.types must exist, otherwise a generic element will be set up during the stream

what are missing at the moment:
Sheet
Views
Grids
Reference plane
Wall profile
Wall insert or reveal
Wall from massing
ceiling
Roof
Level are not binding
Rooms

Also, could we add folders for streams? would be nice if we deal with many project?

thank you!

1 Like

Hi @yien, wow thanks for the feedback! This really welcome. As a quick general question, would you mind if I make this public in the forum?

I will share this with the team. We’ll get back to you with any clarifications we might need. I suspect around (1) and (2) we might want to schedule a quick 10 min chat so we can understand better.

(3) is loud and clear. We’ll add them slowly, albeit I thought ceilings and roofs are there. The Revit API around them is horrible, but @teocomi made some progress recently.

(4) folders for streams - that’s a good shout. The ui has a lot of whitespace at the moment and i understand where you’re coming from. If there’s 4 or 5 streams, you already need to start scrolling.

1 Like

Hey @yien this is great feedback, thanks!
Would love to poke your brain further on some of the items raised, would you be available for a quick chat this or the next week?

Hi,
I’m not sure if that’s intentional but my advanced settings “Send linked model” checkbox is not saved after I hit save (I noticed that when I open up Revit again the next day, settings seem to be kept over the day, when the same Revit instance is running):

it might also be the same for the other

1 Like

Can confirm that your observations are correct. I’ve raised it for discussion internally for now. Intuitively it makes sense to include that in the saved send settings.

2 Likes

I believe we fixed this and it’ll be live with 2.10.

1 Like