Question: Is it possible to send a Revit 3D view with linked models to Speckle?

Hi, I saw a similar thread some time ago in this community forum stating that it was possible to send a Revit model with linked files to Speckle but I’m not able to do that. I’ve tried various Send settings in the host model file but never exceeded to get the linked model included in the commits to Speckle. Both my host and linked models resides on Autodesk Construction Cloud (ACC). I also tried to send a 3D view directly from the linked model file and was hoping to be able to combine the two models afterwards. I managed to send the (linked) model to Speckle but then all the face based structural framing families inside that project file appeared far away from their actual host elements when opened in Speckle, they where just floating in open air (see attached image):

Is it still not possible to include linked models in Revit or is it maybe a problem when the files resides on ACC?
Is it possible that the second problem occur because the structural elements/families are face based?

Speckle is awesome btw. :smiley:

1 Like

Hey @Steini, welcome to the community!

Linked models from the same machine and those from ACC may differ.

If that is the case, we will investigate; there may be another API for those models altogether - not my speciality.

Searching our notes and posts here would suggest this is a first novel observation of this, so thank you!

Aww :speckle: :heart:

Hi @jonathon, thank you for the welcoming and the response.
It would be fantastic if this issue could be resolved. Please feel free to contact me if you need further information or data.

Np @Steini

Normally we ask for an example model to test, but as this would need ACC links - we are setting up a demo model of our own.

We don’t know if this is a simple problem or if using the newer Coordination Model API - TBD.

So we are building our example model and paying Autobucks for ACC linking

1 Like