QGIS Attributes to Revit Parameters

I recieved this error while sending QGIS file.
and recieve this error while recieve it i revit …

No direct conversion exist. Converting displayable geometry.

for another file I got the shapes but the attributes have been not transfered…

I will be thankful if you help me.

Hi @raha_nami thanks for reporting this! Short explanation:
Sending very complex polygons might fail during mesh triangulation. Which is not an “error” technically, the outline of the polygon and the attributes will still be sent, and if you receive it back in QGIS, you will get a proper polygon. The downside is that the other software that don’t support “Polygon” type will not have a backup Mesh to display. Therefore, Revit (which relies on display value Mesh) doesn’t detect it, and doesn’t generate anything in the end.

If the data is not confidential, could you please share the link to your model, so I can explore how the triangulation can be improved? Also a question to you as a user, would you always aim for high-precision outline for the display Mesh (only the Mesh, the actual polygon outline will always be saved with all original data), or would you find acceptable a simplification of the Mesh outline, so that that it can be generated more easily?

Regarding receiving of custom attributes in Revit, you can read more here: Data Transfer QGIS to REVIT , more than geometry - #9 by Sus The short answer is that Speckle will not create new attributes in Revit families automatically, because this is a commonly undesirable behavior for Revit users.

P.S. What versions of each plugin are you using?

Hi @Kateryna
I undrestand. But we have lots of shapes with attributes which must be transfered to Revit with parameters. I use version 2.19.0 For both revit and QGIS.
Rarely some files could transfer, I define parameters in revit file. But only they have the title of parameters not the amount. In most cases files could not be transfered and in revit I got the error

Even a simple polygon can not be transfered. I made an example of simple file.

https://app.speckle.systems/projects/7ac9f2e453/models/c7f0aacbee

In this link you can find and try it.
Thanks for your consideration.

Hi @raha_nami ! I have checked your latest link. As I can see, the QGIS geometry was converted to a proper display mesh, so it can be displayed nicely in the viewer and receive in other non-native apps.

The problem you are experiencing is related to the coordinate systems. Revit is using local coordinates, which are limited to 16km radius . The coordinate system you have set in your QGIS project is using metric units, and by checking coordinates of a random point of the polygon boundary, I saw this value, which means the point is way out of the range that Revit can handle.

I recommend checking this documentation to add your QGIS data in Revit project :raised_hands:

1 Like

Thanks for your guidance. My another problem is that I dont have the parameters amount in Revit. I just have their titles.
And for this file I cant even have that in revit… Because of error for meshes.

https://app.speckle.systems/projects/7ac9f2e453/models/9e64eb619a@cc21be42c9

I see there are 4 separate issues:

1. Generating a valid Mesh when sending from QGIS
  2. In Revit, impossible to receive geometry that doesn’t have Mesh displayValue
  3. In Revit, impossible to receive geometry that is out or Revit 16-km radius work plane (Revit limitation)
  4. Problem with receiving custom properties in Revit.

Solutions:

1. If you don’t need high precision, try to simplify your mesh using Vector->Geometry Tools->Simplify. Here is what I managed to send after simplifying your data with 5m tolerance: Viewer - QGIS examples_public_tutorial - Speckle
  2. Indeed, impossible.
  3. Please use the documentation I shared above to send QGIS data in a CAD/BIM-friendly way. From your latest link I can see that the geometry is written in EPSG:9934 with no offsets, and the coordinates will not be handled in Revit even if you have a Mesh (screenshot below). Moreover, the geometry size is quite large, so you need to position it really carefully in order to not go beyond Revit canvas (also screenshot below).
  4. I am not sure what you mean with titles and quantities, can you record a video or a gif showing what you are sending and what you are (not) receiving from the properties?

Viewer - Project1 - Speckle :

Thanks for your support @Kateryna
Here is an example file.

I can recieve the simple file with Polygon as generic model in revit but without parameters amount.
I have the title of parameters(attributes in QGIS) But the amounts are not shown in revit.
for one of my files I had not this issue. after 2 week for every file i have this problem. I do not why!!

https://app.speckle.systems/projects/7ac9f2e453/models/8f54a21d2f

Can you try add “attributes.” at the beginning of Revit parameters and try again? Have you updated any connectors before you started seeing this issue? What Revit version are you using?

Are you able to reproduce the old (correct) behavior with any Speckle model?

Thanks again @Kateryna
Yes I added attributes at the bigining like my older file. My revit version is 2024.
I am not sure about the previous version. But could you open my example file whith parameter amount?

I am not able to receive this data at all. I am wondering how can you do that, considering it’s really far from origin :thinking:
I’ll repeat myself, but can you recall which model and which connector version did you use previously when you managed to successfully receive Parameter values in Revit? This information can help a lot.

Dear @Kateryna
In this project I just had one parameter. I made it at first in revit (parameter for generic model) then I recieve the QGIS data and it worked. Like pic:
I do not have the old version of this model in my speckle but even I try it now again I do not recieve the parameter Amount.

The date was 25.June but a week after that it did not work and it is really odd :thinking: :confused:
As you see there is no amount for parameters in the example file I sent to you(In Revit).
Even i tried new and old version of Speckle.
[/quote]

Dear @Kateryna @gokermu

In the example i showed you I just had one parameter. I made it at first in revit (parameter for generic model) then I recieve the QGIS data and it worked. Like pic from previose post I got amount of my parameter.
I do not have the old version of this model in my speckle but even I try it now again I do not recieve the parameter Amount.
The date was 25.June but a week after that it did not work and it is really odd :thinking: :confused:
As you see there is no amount for parameters in the example file I sent to you(In Revit).
Even i tried new and old version of Speckle.

Now I really need a solution for recieve the parameter amounts in revit… This is the example file.
can you please try to bring the parameter amounts?

https://app.speckle.systems/projects/7ac9f2e453/models/8f54a21d2f

I need biotop , name and code amount… Imagine it will be for more thane 100 attributes… and it will save my time :smiling_face_with_tear:

@raha_nami you can download the 2.20-wip6 version of Revit connector from Speckle Manager where the behavior is back as expected :raised_hands:. Also these are the instructions to set the new parameters in Revit: Data Transfer QGIS to REVIT , more than geometry - #10 by Kateryna

1 Like

Hi Katerya, @Kateryna
It worked and I am so thankful. Thanks for your attention and new version. :smiling_face: :sunflower:

1 Like