Preventing Speckle from Auto Refresh when switching between tabs in Power BI

I have a few tabs in my Power BI dashboard and Speckle is in the first tab. Every time I switch between tabs and return to the first main tab, it triggers Speckle to refresh the content (takes a few minutes). Is there a way to prevent auto refresh?

Thank you.

2 Likes

@Doug, are you referring to the 3d Visual connection refreshing or the data connector query?

@Doug , this is on Microsoft. There isn’t much we can do. There is this idea in Power BI Forums: Solved: Power BI Desktop recalculates visuals after every … - Microsoft Fabric Community

Hi, guys.
I would like to understand if it is normal or if it is a bad behavior of my model.

When I use speckle on power BI, every time I swap pages, it start loading again. Even though no context is being modified. Is it the expected behavior?
a) If no, can you help me to get it sorted?
b) If yes, do we have expectations to make it like other visuals, loading only once and not re-loading when a report page is changed?

Thank you for your help.

Thanks for the report, @wlipemoura. We have been told this before and have an investigation ticket to see if we can resolve it - it does relate to PowerrbI never having anticipated visuals being connected to the internet.

So you aren’t doing anything wrong - if I can find the other reports I’ll merge this with that.