Power BI - Loading Issues of 3D model

Hi Community / @AlanRynne

Following the latest speckle update, we have encountered issues with the Power BI connector where the 3D visuals are not loading properly in the dashboard.

Here is an example of one of the model views.

Any ideas on how to fix this issue?

Hey Aaron, is this a definite regression? (it used to work as expected but no longer does)

Hi Jonathon, that is correct. I’ve ran a few test our end in power bi, on different browsers and internet connections but still encountered the same issue

I ran another test this morning to create a new Power BI file using the same stream.

Here is the prompt message in Power BI

Here is the privacy setting on the stream

Hi @Aaron_Atkinson! I think this has to do with some changes that were made on the viewer, that weren’t propagated to PowerBI.

I’ve built a test version to confirm my suspicions… Could you give this one a try and see if that fixes the issue?

powerbiSpeckleVisualAA98F06515D847E8ACB33BAB487244E0.2.0.0-alpha6.pbiviz (1.5 MB)

1 Like

Hi @AlanRynne - thanks for the file. I have tried it in Power BI but still encountering the same issue.

Hi @AlanRynne any further luck in the investigation of what is causing the issue on the 3D viewer?

Hey @Aaron_Atkinson ,

We recently made some huge improvements to our PowerBI connector​:fire::fire: (both performance and visual improvements). Have you tried the latest release and faced the same issues?

PowerBI Connector: Releases · specklesystems/speckle-powerbi · GitHub
3D Viewer Visual: Releases · specklesystems/speckle-powerbi-visuals · GitHub

1 Like