Power BI issues with color / sorting / tooltips

Hello, the Power BI visualizer is freezing up when I try to add additional fields and/or sort the color according to your tutorials. In addition, i have noticed that the color by field only works when that field is also added as a tooltip. I am attempting to color by the “department” parameter within Revit. Visualizer version is 2.19 but this happens on 18 and 17 as well

When I attempt to change the sorting to by Area to get visual colors to align with a treemap visual (using the workflow in your youtube videos) the visualizer reports that the data connection is not working (“i” shows up on blue screen). This behavior happens only when coloring by parameter data (using “Name” or “Area” does not replicate), and only when a second parameter is added to the tooltip field (eg, when “Department” and “Area” are both added).

Hey @Ben_Regnier, welcome to the Speckle community - we love hearing what new users want to do.

To address your problem / try to replicate it, can you offer screenshots or recordings to illustrate your point more? (I’ve raised your trust level in case that prevented doing so)

Thanks

Thanks! I actually found the root cause about a half hour after posting, which was null values in the Department field. You may want to incorporate some additional error handling in the viewer to prevent this in future releases. Screenshot of the failure condition below. Using power query to eliminate nulls in the room department field was the fix.

I am facing a new issue however - the “default view” settings don’t appear to have any impact on the visualizer. It would be very helpful to have the views default to top/plan in some situations but currently the visualizer goes to a 3d perspective view regardless of settings.

2 Likes

I’ll check if that is a supported feature (it should be the option is there); if its is just not working, I’ll raise it to the backlog as a bug

3 Likes