Power BI - Highlighting objects across visuals

Hi Community / @AlanRynne

I am new to using Speckle in Power BI and I’m having some problems with creating a Power BI dashboard, highlighting objects across visuals.

I would like to be able to keep the visual settings of the model (colour of the model elements) and still be able to highlight the objects across the different visuals in the dashboard.

The field connected to the Object Data is a whole number based data type.

I have found when using a field that is text based it changes the colour of the 3D model in the viewer and I can highlight the objects across the different visuals.

Does anyone know how I can achieve highlighting the objects across the different visuals (including the 3D model) without effecting the visual settings of the model (colour of the model elements)?

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @Aaron_Atkinson!

Thanks for the feedback! At this time, it is not possible to keep model colors and have selection capabilities, but it sounds like something that should be easy to solve:

We’re currently using the Object Data field as a for 2 uses:

• Enabling highlight of the objects
  • Coloring the viewer objects by value

I could change this to be 2 separate inputs:

• Object Data: Which would be used for data shown in the tooltips (tooltips are now available but they’re not configurable. I’m planning on adding that in the next release.
  • Color By: Which would be used exclusively to color by selection.

AFAIK, connecting either would automatically enable highlighting so you wouldn’t need to connect both if you didn’t want to.

Would this be a solution you could work with? :slight_smile:

FYI: I just released 2.0.0-alpha5 of the viewer which has some new experimental features we’d love your feedback on too! :raised_hands:t3:

1 Like