Power BI Data Null

Good day to everyone. Thank you very much for your contribution in advance, and I would like your support to solve a problem I am currently having when exporting the model information to Power BI.

As you can see in the model image, the information I need is there, but when transferring it to Power BI and transforming the data, many of them become null.

I would greatly appreciate your help in solving this problem. Thank you very much.

Hey @Mario_Rojas,

Welcome to Speckle!

Can you share a bit more information so we can help you?

• Which PowerBI connector are you using?
  • Where did this model come from? Revit or other software?
  • Can you share the project URL with us (in a private message if you want)? Or at least a few elements? It will be easier for us to debug.

Thank you!

Hi Nikos. Thanks for your help.

For answer your doubts.

1. the PowerBI connector is Speckle - Get Model by URL (beta) (Personalizado).
  2. The Model come from Naviswork
  3. Sure, i send you the link for a private message.

Thanks Nikos

https://app.speckle.systems/projects/122448a81e/models/f21aff1f4a

Hola @Mario_Rojas , I think we can do more to make this easy for you.

Inside the Speckle Navisworks connector there is an option that I added to consolidate data from the “First Object” to the geometry node.

Screenshot 2024-06-27 170931

Screenshot 2024-06-27 170939

To date this has been deselected by default, but from next release this will be the default behaviour simply because it makes workflows such as yours a lot easier.

Navisworks by design handles so many different formats and, like Speckle, tries to unify how it handles them. With BIM a dn data rich models this means that it stores different properties in different places.

So for an element like the pipe you highlight, the data could be at any point in the selection tree:

The option I highlight allows all that data for a Geometry (which you have selected in the Speckle web viewer) to also have the data from its Instance, its Type and its Family (or whatever the equivalent terms for the source data you are using)

What you have selected in Speckle web and the rows in PowerBI are not the same - some of the rows will be null for the property you have selected because they are the node that is the collection of the geometry.

If you send the data again with this coalesce option enabled - we can work again to help you with the powerBi part :cool_spockle:

2 Likes

For the uninitiated in the vagueries of Navisworks, “First Object” is a sort of smart selection that Navis allocates to objects so that when you make a selection in its viewer, you can navigate from the logical “parent” where sometimes the data lies to the geometry you are selecting.

Screenshot 2024-06-27 172013 Screenshot 2024-06-27 172131

Screenshot 2024-06-27 172025 Screenshot 2024-06-27 172138

Hi Jonathan, Many thanks, that answer help me a lot. But i have another question about the naviswork information. I did the same step than you explain to me but in this model everything looks like a Null. I attach a sample.

Thanks for your help

Attach 2

Attach 3