Plugin for Unreal 5.2 doesn't work

Hello,

I have installed the Speckle plugin for Unreal, but it doesn’t seem to work.
I am using Unreal 5.2, and when the plugin is installed, Unreal throws an error and it doesn’t start. I need to deactivate the plugin to make Unreal work again.

It seems Unreal 5.2 is not supported, despite it says so in the Unreal marketplace.

Could you please let me know when you are planning to support Unreal 5.2?

Cheers,
Federico

Hi @fcicchi
UE5.2 should be working fine.

What error are you seeing?
Please could you post the log files under {PathToYourProject}\Saved\Logs\XXXXX.log and I’ll investigate.

In the meantime, have you tested other versions of Unreal Engine? What project template are you using and what platform are you on (win/linux/mac)?

Thanks for your patience, hopefully we can find a solution quickly.

1 Like

Hi Jedd,
Thank you for the quick reply.

This is the error reported in the log: “LogPluginManager: Warning: Plugin ‘SpeckleUnreal’ requires engine version ‘4.26.0’ and may not be compatible with the current current engine version ‘5.2.0-25360045+++UE5+Release-5.2’”

I didn’t test any other version of Unreal Engine, and I am on Windows.
It’s a new project created from scratch.

I attached the logs and the error dialog.

Please, let me know if you need additional information.

Kind Regards,
Federico

SpeckleDBTest.log (3.1 KB)

I can reproduce the issue.
It seems Epic is still serving older versions of our connector on the Marketplace. :thinking:

I’ll contact them for support.

In the meantime, you can follow our instructions on how to install the plugin through git.
This will provide you with a version of the plugin that works for 5.2

Hi Jedd,
Ok, thanks.

Please, keep me updated. It’s much easier to import the plugin from the Epic store.

Kind Regards,
Federico

1 Like

Hey @fcicchi it never hurts if you ping Epic as well.

Just got a reply back from Epic.
The problem should now be resolved :raised_hands:

If you restart your Epics Game Launcher, and attempt to install the plugin for UE 5.2, you should find it installs the correct version now.

Thank you very much for brining this to our attention! :tada:
I will attempt to work with epic to see how we can prevent this kind of problem in future.

1 Like

Hi Jedd,

Thank you for the quick turnaround.

I confirm it works. I have another issue now when Receiving the data from my Speckle stream, but I’ll open another ticket if I am not able to solve the issue.

Cheers,
Federico