Open Buildings Design - Can't see the Plugin in the App

Dear Speckle community,

I’m trying the connection with the Bentley Tools and I’m having issues seeing the Speckle 2 tab in Open Building designer (no problem with MicroStation). Version is 10.03.00.40 (Update 3)

The connector is installed, where shall it visibile? (I was expecting to appear as “Speckle 2 tab” in any of these:

Can you give more clarification in the tutorial/guidance on the Open Buildings/Open Rail/Open Roads?

Thanks,

1 Like

Hey @camnebim !

I’m afraid the current release is only for Open Buildings v8.
Since the connector is maintained by Arup, I’ll ping @JdB in case he’s aware of any workarounds or has any other updates on this.

1 Like

Thanks Matteo for the tag. There should indeed be a Speckle tab like this:

I’m using this version:

Not sure if your version is supported. @tlmn do you know if version is 10.03.00.40 (Update 3) is supported?

The OpenBuildings connector was developed for Update 6. Since Bentley is constantly adding new API layers, I am pretty sure Update 3 doesn´t work…

2 Likes

thank @tlmn and all for the prompt response. I’ll try on a Legacy version (V8) will see If can deploy the latest updates.

Cheers!

Hi There,

I got the MicroStation connector but still not showing in my microstation or openbuilding software when I open it? any help? thanks

I really want this please, thanks.

How can I use this file? cheers

Unlike Revit, the connector icon shows up easily. cheers.

@Joel_Ocampo so how did you solve it exactly? I am trying to use speckle for microstation but I’m new to microstation… Do I have to place speckle files from github into a specific folder?

@TonyTonyCoder Have you tried installing from the Speckle Manager? While Arup has maintained the Bentley Connectors, the Manager should still be the absolute best way to keep up-to-date with the latest versions.

If you have problems with it after that install, we’ll ping Arup and see if they have a solution to share.

Hi, yes, I installed the plugin from the speckle manager and it’s updated to the latest version. It’s the first time I am trying to use it for MicroStation, which is a software I am unfamiliar with. I searched through the settings and preferences but can’t find speckle anywhere. Any tips on whether I should be pointing to a source folder for the plugin or sth along these lines?

@jonathon Sooo, I got speckle working with MicroStation CONNECT Edition Update 17 (even though the Docs on github say it will only work up to version 14).

The fix was pretty basic honestly, just:

1. grab the Speckle2MicroStation.cfg file that is being installed by the Manager for Speckle
  2. Copy it to your version of C:\Program Files\Bentley\MicroStation CONNECT Edition\MicroStation\config\appl

It seems that between versions the location of folder for plugins changed in Bentley tools.

Shout out to Revizto support for putting me on correct track: Installing Revizto plug-in for Bentley products – Revizto

1 Like

That’s great to hear @TonyTonyCoder - hopefully this can help others like @Joel_Ocampo also.