New Connector Request - Vectorworks

Does Speckle integrate with VectorWorks?

3 Likes

Hi @machiel, unfortunately not. Itā€™s also the first time itā€™s been requested! Iā€™ve used vectorworks a lot in a past life as an architect, canā€™t say i was a big fan as a user - but thatā€™s not the point :slight_smile:

Weā€™ll look into it, and letā€™s hope there will be more voices asking for it (helps with the prioritisation of our tasks)!

Thanks,
I agree, itā€™s not been the most widely discussed software Iā€™ve dealt with when talking to our clients.
I was more asking on a curiosity level to see if there will be something a long that line of integration as I can see the potential of VectorWorks as a design tool (like grasshopper & rhino or even sketchup) and transferring the 3D geometry to relevant Revit families for documentation.

FYI, this isnā€™t a high priority item so you donā€™t have to push this type of integration.

1 Like

Hi, Iā€™m a Vectorworks user and Iā€™m discovering Speckle just since a few days. Still, it looks very promising to me and I think the ability to use it with/from Vectorworks would be really interesting!

2 Likes

Count me in for Vectorworks too.

You have already covered many of the major CAD/BIM systems amont the connectors, but Vectorworks seems to be missing for now.

Yes that would be great.

But it looks like VW (as well as Bricscad) arenā€™t interested at all in
offering any Speckle Support.

I learned that at least for VW there was a Speckle support approach
by a ā€œcommunityā€. But if I got that correct, struggling heavily with
VWā€™s APIs.

WTH

Climate change ?