New Connector Request - PTC Creo

Hi, Is there any plan for connector of PTC Creo. We have much design works and collaboration between Rhino and Creo. I think it would be a common workflow in industrial design.

1 Like

Hi @Junjie_Zhao , no plans for this yet but thanks for the suggestion!
I noticed that Creo has a Java API, we don’t have a Java SDK so it won’t be as quick of a process as with other software… But we’ll definitely keep you posted here if it gets added to our roadmap!

We increased our scope of work three years ago with a subsidiary to also have our feet in the field of mechanical engineering. The new colleagues are designing trailers for Tunnel Boring Machines (everything right of the bore head of the TBM)

Due to their background, they are structural engineers (AEC home-grown) and mostly use AEC software like Dlubal, Tekla, and Bocad. On the designer’s side (the “architects” of this machine) are working with PTC Creo.

Our colleagues are dreaming of a solution that allows them to communicate with the PTC Creo (Machine Designers) world, have a solution for change comparison (they would die for your FE2) and task management (aka comments) and get the data versioned into Tekla or Creo. Currently, the process is a painful mixture of different tools aka the interoperability waltz. If we can bring the worlds together it would be a dream come true.

I have added my vote here, understanding that it will not be the highest priority of the Specklers. Still I wanted to add my position here :slight_smile:.

CC @ltascheva

<aside>
Not the data exchange route you are asking for, but I have a niggling memory at the back of my mind that PTC was supported by Navisworks - and that could get data into Speckle from Creo, maybe?

But Speckle data into Creo is a different proposition.
</aside>

1 Like