Navisworks to Revit

Hello!

I’m trying to translate model from Navisworks to Revit. Navis succesfully sends the model (it’s visible in the web browser), but i don’t see anything in the Revit. There are some “errors” which I don’t understand, so maybe someone can interpret what went wrong:

Objects.BuiltElements.View 67cce2a0cf146c2c0a34b4e85cdeb692 Created
Objects.BuiltElements.View 27b11d41ed5f1458d8a427b584aa0a05 Created

Base 85e059c3672a2f5174cdaf129b824633 Skipped
No direct conversion or displayable values can be converted.
Base c4d119658ad04d235e240a892cf0a89b Skipped
No direct conversion or displayable values can be converted.

So only 2 objects were created (but they aren’t visible) and others were skipped. Is there anything I can do? This started happening after I updated to latest version od the connectors (Revit and Navis).

My second question is: is there a way to export geometry and parameters to Revit? When Revit receives the geometry it’s in Generic model category, but without any information. Is there any way to change that?

We will need more information from you to try to help.

If you could share the Speckle project with us/me, then we can try to recreate it. If not, if you could find a minimal reproducible version that you are able to share, that can also be useful.

Receiving nothing from Navisworks is unexpected—Navis sends only three object types: ’ View’, Geometry, and’ Collection’.

Collections are all the nodes in the Navisworks subject tree that are not geometry. There is nothing anticipated to be converted here - which is what you are seeing here (my presumption):

The next possibility is that you are receiving geometry in Revit, which is very far from your Revit origin. Navisworks, by default, sends data to Speckle in real-world space. You can override this behaviour: Navisworks (Alpha) 🛠️ | Speckle Docs

Alternatively, you can receive into Revit by mapping the Speckle data to one of the coordinate spaces in your Revit environment. The ideal version of this workflow will depend on your project setup, so I can’t offer much more.

Lastly, we don’t create Revit parameters when receiving Speckle data from whatever source, so not receiving the metadata is expected at this time.

Thanks for the quick replay, I’ve sent you the invite. This is a demo project, so everything can be shared. We are looking at models of penetrations through walls which i would like to translate into Revit. Let me know if any additional info is needed.

1 Like

@H4NI Apologies, I have spent some time looking into this for you. I was unaware that this previously worked workflow had hit a regression bug in version 2.19 or our Revit connector.

We have raised this as an urgent development ticket, which we don’t think will be challenging to correct.

In the meantime, you can downgrade your Revit connector to the 2.18.4 release, which receives Navisworks data in Revit. This can act as a workaround until we release a hotfix for 2.19