Navisworks export parameters to Revit

Hello,
I’ve started using Navisworks and Revit connector for transferring files from Aveva 3D. Geometry and visibility works very good, but I can’t seem to find how to export parameters from Navisworks. The models in Revit have empty fields which complicates the process since we don’t know which pipe are we selecting, what is the system, meterial etc. Is there any hidden option which i must select to export the parameters too?

Navisworks properties:

Revit properties

Thanks for the report @H4NI. To clarify, are you saying that the parameters from Navisworks are not present in Revit and not that the parameters are not visible in the Speckle web application?

In this case, it is an expected behaviour as we do not create Revit parameters not already present in the Revit file.

To map the Aveva properties directly to those IFC properties in your screenshot. We’d first export the Revit parameters and map the external values to the running application.

We are exploring the Speckle Mapper initiative extending to properties that work similarly to mapping missing families/types to known types, but don’t have anything on the immediate roadmap to sort this.

I have also seen users using the Speckle Excel connector to achieve this mapping in Excel and push it back to Revit with the Parameter Updater.

I intend to build a Speckle Automate demonstration that shows this possibility.

The parameters are not visible in Revit, however they are in Speckle web application.

How do I transfer parameters then? I must create my own parameters with the same name in the Revit ? How to define which category do they need to be? or just the name must be the same?

From what I see Speckle has all the data, I just need to somehow import it into Revit.

If you have target parameters in Revit, you can publish this as Project Information from the Revit connector. You can use a dedicated model/branch for this.

The Parameter Updater path I was describing would mean you create an empty Revit schedule and publish that to Speckle. This can be received in Excel as one worksheet. The Navisworks data can be received as a second worksheet. You will be able (if you are an experienced Excel user) to use that to map the data from one to the other.

Setting Revit parameter names alone doesn’t work because the property names do not simply define parameters; each is a complex object. The reasoning for not populating new parameters directly from Speckle data that wasn’t authered initially in Revit is because it is a path for polluting complex BIM project setups.

This has been raised many times here in the forum, but the current condition is settled.