Navisworks data in Speckle not received in Revit

Hey everyone

Joined Speckle community very recently and I have trouble sending the data from Navisworks and receiving it in Revit.

I sent data from Navisworks NWD to speckle, works great. I could see the entire data on Speckle web viewer. On Revit, I could see that the preview shows the entire project during selection. But when I click receive, it says the data has been received. But, nothing is getting transferred. On the report section, I see that only 2 objects has check sign and rest of them are “No direct conversion or displayable values can be converted” But on the web viewer, the entire model and data can be seen.

Please help on what can be done!

1 Like

https://app.speckle.systems/projects/8577f86124/models/780e30c68a

https://app.speckle.systems/projects/5af77f1b2d/models/e04ada60c1

These are projects on speckle. Only two objects get transferred to revit - which I believe are the views. Rest of them are greyed out and says “No direct conversion or displayable values can be coverted”. Please advise

@pranav you will either need to set these projects as “Link Shared” or invite me as a collaborator.

@jonathon

My bad! Please check this

https://app.speckle.systems/projects/8577f86124/models/780e30c68a

Thanks

@pranav Thank you for your report. I have spent the day deep-diving into this, and you have identified a regression in behaviour specific to v2.19 of our Revit connector.

We have raised this as an urgent development ticket, which we don’t think will be challenging to correct.

In the meantime, I have tested your model with the 2.18.4 release Revit connector, and this is mostly received in Revit. This can act as a workaround until we release a hotfix for 2.19

2 Likes

@jonathon Thank you, that worked like a charm! Does it lose the metadata or is that how naviworks to revit connector is programmed? I see the data on speckle web viewer but with 2.18.4, geometries are getting into revit but loses the data. Please advise.

We don’t create parameters in revit from any data that isn’t originally from Revit.

It is a position we keep under review, but at this time, it is a settled position we established after hearing from BIM managers everywhere who are not looking to “pollute” their models.

We recently adapted workflows from GIS connectors that populated pre-existing Revit parameters with properties sourced there but haven’t expanded that methodology.

That makes sense! Thank you
Last qn, is Plant 3D, Solidworks connectors in the pipeline? Or is there any other workflow which works for Plant 3D and Solidworks content into Revit?

All the connectors are being rewritten from the ground up right now, and we don’t have much capacity to grow these ourselves.

When that rewrite is complete, Plant3D, which is essentially an extension of AutoCAD, as with Civil3D and AdvanceSteel, might be an easier candidate.

The other options are for vendors to build connectivity, and we are in productive discussions with a few I can’t disclose or for community contributions like AdvanceSteel, Microstation, OpenBridge/Rail/Road/Buildings and TopSolid to be added.

On that front, we were interested in a community-developed Solidworks connector, but that seems to have gone quiet as the developer became busy with other work.

It might be time we held that poll again.

@pranav @H4NI @Ruben_Carvalho, we have released v2.19.3 of the Revit connector, which includes a fix for receiving Navisworks geometry into Revit.

@jonathon That was very quick, Thanks!