Mapping Rhino lines to Revit property lines

Hello
Is it possible to send Rhino lines/curves as Revit property lines using the Speckle mapper?

Hey @Constantinesis,

The short answer is no, the Speckle Mapper (or Grasshopper Mapper) does not support Revit property lines at the moment.

Nevertheless, we are always looking for feedback and adding new features. We are interested in learning more about your workflow. Why do you think Revit property lines would be useful?

Here you can find what Elements the Speckle Mapper supports. If no mapping options appear when you select a geometry object, that means there are currently no supported mappings for that object.

3 Likes

And it has a simple reason. The property lines method is not published in the api methods, otherwise there would be ways to do it, either via mapper directly or via some dynamo script.

1 Like

Got it, thanks! Could have been usefull when doing planning subdivisions.

Thanks @AV_Hlavacek. That would indeed be significant if correct; we are limited to what is possible in Revit directly by API availability and, at times, robustness (looking hard at phases and complaining)

@Constantinesis CAD to BIM workflows can also live or die relative to the controls you have in place concerning the location of geometry. We don’t have direct tooling to allow for coordinate remapping. While general CAD is referential, my past life has spent a TONNE of time and sweat dealing with property line boundaries as legal contractual entities, so the control is super important.

If we investigated if Mapper could extend this way, can you explain how you deal with this without Speckle?

You are right about property lines control and legal implications, I haven`t considered that… The reason I want to use them is because of scheduling features and I want to get the numbers right from an early stage, and I use Rhino because its easier for 2D drafting and automation.

I wanted to use Rooms at first but someone suggested that is not ok on the long run.

Without Speckle? I think I will just link to a DWG from Rhino and then manually convert the lines into property lines.

I notice that not even detail or model lines are supported in the Mapper. They only work for structural elements.

gotcha, I will mark this as a feature request now, and make sure there is a development ticket to review.