Looking for help to deploy Speckle Server

Hi Team

Looking for help to deploy speckle server locally.

I went through the documentation, but I feel it is too old a document as now Speckle is much more mature and lots of features get added and updated.

Please share a few updated resources to complete the deployment.

Thanks
Ravi

Hi @RaviDCPL

We try to continually keep the documentation up to date; there are guides for deploying Speckle Server with Docker Compose, Kubernetes, DigitalOcean 1-Click, and as a local development environment.

If you encounter any issues while following the guides, please ask for help in this forum and provide as much detail as you can.

Iain

2 Likes

Hi @iainsproat

Shall I get more details resources to deploy speckle server from docker hub image?

And, how to create VM for deploying from Docker Compose?

@RaviDCPL, under what environment? A cloud provider, local network, raspberryPi?

1 Like

@jonathon I am looking for both Cloud Provider and Local Network

@RaviDCPL if you are just starting out in the whole cloud, self hosting space, we recommend using our Digital Ocean 1 click application, which we wrote a step by step tutorial about here. I suggest you try to follow that guide.

2 Likes

Hi @gjedlicska @jonathon @iainsproat
Following Digital Ocean 1 click tutorial guide to deploy server, and a YouTube webinar -https://youtu.be/jiEWIQYGvHE

Not able to add domain even it is added in Digital Ocean Networking
Please refer below image

Please help me to solve this issue

Thanks in advance
Ravi

1 Like

Hi @RaviDCPL

This error occurs when the domain name is unable to be resolved to an IP address. This can occur if the domain name is new or recently changed, as the DNS A record (which links the domain name to an IP address) can take a few minutes to propagate to all DNS servers.

As enough time has passed, it should be available to use now; please try again and let us know if it now works for you.

Iain

Hi @iainsproat

Tried again, but getting same error

Please help me to resolve

Thanks in advance

Is it working if you leave it as using the IP address?

I’m able to replicate a similar issue locally:

Both MX Toolbox and AlienVault are reporting that a DNS record has not been created:

Additionally, running whois speckle-server-dgtra.com returns No match for domain "SPECKLE-SERVER-DGTRA.COM"

Please ensure that you have followed DigitalOcean’s guide to adding a domain to their system: How to Add Domains :: DigitalOcean Documentation

Iain

Hi @jonathon
Kept domain blank and not provide email address
Please see the error

Hi @iainsproat

Yes, I am following the same.

Do I need to buy this domain from domain provider?

If you are the owner of dgtra.com then you can add speckle-server to that as a subdomain and use that. But in the setup you have tried that would need to be a registered domain, yes.

@RaviDCPL

Thank you for highlighting the problem when using a blank domain; I have fixed this in the latest version which is now available.

You may need to delete the droplet and start again to get the latest updates.

Iain

1 Like

Hi @iainsproat

Thanks to the quick fix , I am able to deploy server with blank domain.

2 Likes

Hi Team

Not getting verification email after creating account in my private deployed server.

Also please help me to know how to access administrator right as I have created my first account.

Also,not able to find this section “Fill in information about your server under your profile page (in the lower left corner).”

Hi @RaviDCPL

With regards to the emails, did you provide the details of an email provider during the setup?

Once you have registered the first user, you can then sign in. At the top right hand corner you can click on your profile. You should then see the Server Management option.

Iain

1 Like

Hi @iainsproat

Thanks

I have not provided email during setup.

Yes I am able to find the server management

Regards
Ravi

To enable email you will need to input the details of an email provider during setup, as described in the guide: Deploying a Server - DigitalOcean Marketplace App | Speckle Docs

If you wish to edit the existing server configuration, instead of creating a new droplet and restarting the whole process, please read this forum discussion for pointers on how to do that: Configuring mailjet as email provider for Speckle server - #13 by iainsproat

Iain

1 Like