Issue with SpeckleBlender add on

I have downloaded and installed the speckle connector for blender and still cannot get it to show in blender add-on tab.

1 Like

The same with me
Speckle Blender Add In version: 2.16.0
Blender version: 4.0.1

Speckle Add In is not visible in Add Ins

Trying to install speckle blender connector to blender 3.6 LTS, see the following traceback

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/***/.config/Speckle/connector_installations/Blender 3.6/requests_toolbelt/_compat.py", line 48, in <module>
    from requests.packages.urllib3.contrib import appengine as gaecontrib
ImportError: cannot import name 'appengine' from 'requests.packages.urllib3.contrib' (/Users/***/Library/Application Support/Blender/3.6/scripts/addons/blenderbim/libs/site/packages/urllib3/contrib/__init__.py)

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Applications/Blender 3.app/Contents/Resources/3.6/scripts/modules/addon_utils.py", line 333, in enable
    mod = __import__(module_name)
  File "/Users/***/Library/Application Support/Blender/3.6/scripts/addons/bpy_speckle/__init__.py", line 10, in <module>
    from bpy_speckle.operators import *
  File "/Users/***/Library/Application Support/Blender/3.6/scripts/addons/bpy_speckle/operators/__init__.py", line 1, in <module>
    from .users import LoadUsers, LoadUserStreams, ResetUsers
  File "/Users/***/Library/Application Support/Blender/3.6/scripts/addons/bpy_speckle/operators/users.py", line 8, in <module>
    from bpy_speckle.clients import speckle_clients
  File "/Users/***/Library/Application Support/Blender/3.6/scripts/addons/bpy_speckle/clients.py", line 4, in <module>
    from specklepy.core.api.client import SpeckleClient
  File "/Users/***/.config/Speckle/connector_installations/Blender 3.6/specklepy/core/api/client.py", line 8, in <module>
    from gql.transport.requests import RequestsHTTPTransport
  File "/Users/***/.config/Speckle/connector_installations/Blender 3.6/gql/transport/requests.py", line 11, in <module>
    from requests_toolbelt.multipart.encoder import MultipartEncoder
  File "/Users/***/.config/Speckle/connector_installations/Blender 3.6/requests_toolbelt/__init__.py", line 12, in <module>
    from .adapters import SSLAdapter, SourceAddressAdapter
  File "/Users/***/.config/Speckle/connector_installations/Blender 3.6/requests_toolbelt/adapters/__init__.py", line 12, in <module>
    from .ssl import SSLAdapter
  File "/Users/***/.config/Speckle/connector_installations/Blender 3.6/requests_toolbelt/adapters/ssl.py", line 16, in <module>
    from .._compat import poolmanager
  File "/Users/***/.config/Speckle/connector_installations/Blender 3.6/requests_toolbelt/_compat.py", line 50, in <module>
    from urllib3.contrib import appengine as gaecontrib
ImportError: cannot import name 'appengine' from 'urllib3.contrib' (/Users/***/Library/Application Support/Blender/3.6/scripts/addons/blenderbim/libs/site/packages/urllib3/contrib/__init__.py)

A post was merged into an existing topic: Show in speckle 3D stream just one room in model of building

We are aware of some issues with the Blender BIM addon conflicting with ours.

Please can you follow the below instructions:

• Uninstall the BlenderBIM addon using their instructions
  • Uninstall the Speckle connector via Speckle manager.
  • Install version 230506 of blender BIM
  • Install the latest stable version of the Speckle Blender connector (currently 2.17.0), through manager.

Please let us know how you get on, Iā€™d be happy to assist further if needed.

Please also be advised that we only recently added support for Blender 4.0 (in 2.17 versions of Speckle), for the most stable experience we recommend staying on 3.X versions.

1 Like

the above advice helped, thank you. Will continue with this setup.

@Antavius_Nash, Please try our latest 2.17.0 connector, following our install instructions here.

let me know how you get on.

Strange ā€¦
(Since I got Speckle installed and activated while I had BlenderBIM uninstalled)
I still have the latest (official) BlenderBIM installed in even Blender 4.1 Alpha ā€¦
and now ran the new Speckle 2.17 Blender Connector Update from Manager ā€¦

But my updated Speckle Connector still works in Blender ā€¦

So I would say it is not a direct interference between both AddOns,
(I mean the newer BlenderBIMs with that new Python version or whatever)
more something to do with how to install ?

So far I think, if you install Speckle first (initially), it will work ā€¦

I think my problems not being able to update/activate Speckle was more related
to initially having outdated BlenderBIM versions (early September) in all of my
Blender 4 versions ā€¦

BTW,

I just tried a newer Blender 4.0.x version on Windows ā€¦
yeah, Speckle currently not there ā€¦
But I also see that I have an old version of BlenderBIM installed too.
(From Juli !?)

Will uninstall BBIM,
update Speckle,
look if I can get it activated and running,
install current BBIM again,
check if both work in harmony ā€¦

YESSSSS,

It (or both addOns) works again on Windows like a charm too !

1 Like