Is there a way to upload models to a self hosted Speckle server through Speckle connectors?

Hello, I’m working on a project for college to implement 3D models in a Flutter mobile app and i’d really like to use Speckle.

Currently I’m worried about the 100Mb upload limit, so I figured I’d self host a Speckle server to overcome this. The connectors are a really big reason to which I decided to use Speckle for this project but I don’t know if I can use them to upload directly to my server, can I? How?

As per the mobile app, I’m gonna try to serve a Vite app using the Speckle viewer to a WebView widget in Flutter, host it all on Firebase. If you know a better way, please share, any help is appreciated <3

Easily! You can authorize your server locally for all connectors via manager:

There’s also a manager-free way too.

Unfortunately we have no experience in mobile app development, but perhaps making our frontend a PWA that users could install on their phone could help. Something the web team could look into?

Wow, that was fast! :sweat_smile:

Thanks a lot for the info, I might develop a Flutter package to make Speckle integration easier after the project is done.

cheers!

Also worth mentioning that the 100MB limit is only for file uploads (IFC, STL and OBJ) and not publishing from apps using connectors.

1 Like