IFC opening type

Hello All,

Im brand new to speckle, good to be here…

I dragged an IFC into a test project on the web desktop but it doesnt seem to include the IFCopening type elements. The walls/floors are cut, but the cutting ‘volumes’ themselves aren’t there. They do show up in other IFC viewers.
Does anyone know if there is a way of making sure the IFCopening types show up?

It is the cutting voids themselves that I really want to drag into Rhino.
I am currently doing this by importing the IFC onto another software that has an IFC import option and a rhino export option. Would be great if I could use Speckle instead…

Two layers of abstraction here. The IFC parser uses webifc from ifcjs team. Does their own implementation of it display these geometries

Second layer, we take the parser data and create Speckle data from it.

If these cutting objects are presented in step one and not step 2 then the action is on us.

Before investing too much time in this, what is the use case needing these geometries to be visible alongside their action on the host elements?

Hi Jonathon,

Thanks for the reply…

We have the host elements (walls, floors etc) modelled in rhino and linked to an FE analysis software. IFCs are supplied to us with voids and we need to check them structuraly in the analysis model but we dont want to replace/remodel the host elements with each new IFC

Hi @mmoott,

Welcome to the community! :partying_face:

On @jonathon’s question above, would you be able to share a link to the Speckle project with me (so that I can check if it’s a ‘second layer’ problem)? You can gladly send the link per private message.

For the to FE Software step, which software are you linking to?

Hi @bjoern ,

In this case its Sofistik.
I cant seem to work out how to send you a private message…

Apologies @mmoott. Could you try again? By clicking on my profile, you should now have a ‘Message’ option.