Filters - Color by other parameter

Hello,

First of all, congratulations again on this amazing platform—it’s getting more and more interesting every day.

One of the biggest flaws of IFC is the lack of visual organization. There are many topics on the Revit forums discussing ways to present IFCs based on specific criteria, so elements can be color-coded, something Speckle is starting to allow with filters.

I am using Tricalc for structural analysis and usually organize the structure into several substructures (phases) and assign different colors for better visual understanding of the whole structure.

When exporting to IFC, it is possible to group by these phases, and when opening in BIMVision, I can see the IFC organized by phases. However, no color is assigned to each phase.

In Speckle, I can’t find any filter that allows me to color the structure by these phases.

What do you recommend to make the phases visible in the filters and assign colors to them, maybe same edition of the IFC file??

Thanks.

Hi @amagro, it would first start with sending us that IFC file, if you have the time. We’d love to try and see why the phase is not extracted out. @Christopher_Diggins is doing wonders on a new version of the parser we’re using, so it might be a solved issue already!

1 Like

P24-067 v2024_10_17 2.ifc (637.7 KB)

1 Like

Hello,

I found a workaround for coloring the IFC based on the phases that were previously created.

Now I’d like to know if it is possible to change the colors in Speckle, to stay consistent with the original colors.

Thanks

This isn’t yet a configuration option.

We have heard it a few times before - I’ll check it is in the consideration backlog.

1 Like