Feedback Request: Structural Connectors Next Release

While we wrapping up the 2.16 release and we are also getting ready for new cycle which will be dedicated to structural connectors and workflows they enable. Improvements will include any issues already reported on forum but also new features and we would like to hear more from you. A couple of questions to start with:

1. Do you work with loads and load cases from ETABS further in Revit?
  2. Is there a need for support of material properties between ETABS and Revit?
  3. We introduced import missing types on receive to Revit recently.
    Would this work for support of missing wall, floor, frame sections?
  4. Have you tried structural nodes in Grasshopper?
  5. How about Tekla?

Any thoughts @BIM_Wash @JdB @JJanssen @Tushar_Nagananda ?

If you have more ideas and feedback, let’s have a quick call. Just drop me a DM.

3 Likes

From Arup Singapore, leading the Structural BIM2BAM initiative, spreading it across the UKIMEA, Australasia, and East Asia Region.

Did 2 pilots on Revit to Etabs,
facing issue with Speckle so we had to go with CSIxRevit,
it worked but have bugs where no support given to me and my team to help CSI refine their plugin,

feedbacked to Jeroen de Bruijn, hope to work with Speckle Systems directly to fully develop Structural Connectors plug-in, real life project use case are being supported internally within Arup.

please reach out to me at weiquan.yeow@arup.com

4 Likes

Need storys and grids to be imported on ETABS from Revit

3 Likes

Regarding @Pavol questions:

1. Yes, loads and load cases in Revit are OK.
  2. Definitely support for Material prop.
  3. Yes, Missing types are nice to overcome importing problems.
  4. Not yet, waiting for 2.16 rel:).
  5. No, not at all.

Etabs ideas:
Pier and Spandrel Labeling in Grasshopper,
also grids, storeys and openings

1 Like
  • Do you work with loads and load cases from ETABS further in Revit? not ETABS into Revit
  • Is there a need for support of material properties between ETABS and Revit? yes,
  • We introduced import missing types on receive to Revit recently.
    Would this work for support of missing wall, floor, frame sections? sounds like it would
  • Have you tried structural nodes in Grasshopper? no, is there a tutorial?
  • How about Tekla? - no interest in Tekla right now, focus for us is Revit/ETAB/RAM/SpaceGass
1 Like

Physical material properties in Revit contain:

• basic thermal properties: thermal expansion coefficient
  • mechanical: Young’s modulus, Poisson’s ratio, shear modulus
  • strength: yield strength, tensile strength
  • concrete specific: compression, shear strength modification

Is there anything else you would like to have?

Do you use different grid systems in a project or one for all levels is sufficient?

We will create more tutorials for specific use cases but in the meantime, you can try this one.

@Pavol

Beside default Revit physical prop I would also welcome Rebar prop and Stiffness Modifiers.

I always use one grid system for all levels, but I newer thought of multiple (storey dependant) grids which sounds awesome.

1 Like